Tuesday 30 April 2024

Fantasy at Try It On Tuesday


Our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday starts today and for the next 2 weeks we hope you will share your 'Fantasy' themed creations with us!

I make no apologies for once again playing about with my all time fave stamps - I LOVE these mermaids!

This was framed and given to a friend - who like me thinks Mermaids are one of the coolest things ever!

Ink blended background and used a Lavinia stencil for a bit of added interest.
All stamps are also from Lavinia (obviously!)

Coloured the images with my Mondeluz Aquarelle Coloured Pencils which are simply awesome - and they blend beautifully and a few highlights with a white Posca pen..

Thanks for stopping by and hope we will see lots of fantasy creations over at the challenge blog this time round! x


12 comments:

Aquarius said...

The fantasy theme certainly calls out for Lavinia stamps and you've built up a lovely scene with the mermaid and other underwater elements. Beautiful 😊

Brenda in IN said...

The water background is awesome and those fish are so pretty. The mermaid is lovely. I love the soft hints of pink and lavender in the water, so beautiful.

HilaryJane said...

Lavinia stamps are perfect for that theme and you have done it proud with this one. It is absolutely stunning xx

Joan said...

Beautiful scene Viv and fantastic colouring too



Joan x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That mermaid stamp is incredible Viv I am loving the detail in the tail. Amazing created scene so peaceful and stunning in design.
Thank you for inviting me to be Guest Designer for this theme, it's been a pleasure. Happy Crafting Tracey x

My name is Erika. said...

I love seeing that someone used a mermaid. She's a beauty also. You rocked this ocean page; it's gorgeous Viv. hugs-Erika

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful scene, Viv! Love the mermaid and the colorful sea urchins at the bottom of the sea!

Christine Alexander said...

great card, I love all the sea urchin along the ocean floor- such beautiful colours xx

Pia S said...

This is a gorgeous scene. I like how you created depth with the detailed and more shadowy fish steams. Beautiful colors too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow. I love your mermaid creation! The stamps are perfect and your design is amazing 😊. Wishing you a happy May! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Magical and a fantastic surprise for your friend! I love those beautiful sea urchins on the ocean floor! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

I can see why you love the stamps with this fantastic scene you created Viv, I love it.
Yvonne