Tuesday 16 April 2024

Try It On Tuesday Inspired by a Song

Our challenge for the next two weeks at Try It On Tuesday is 'Inspired by a Song.'
I am a massive music fan - since I was a child I have loved music - most music genres too so it was always going to be a difficult choice as to which song I used for this challenge and I started to seriously think ...... Then I stopped thinking and made a decision!


I chose 'Fields of Barley' and although written by Sting, I much prefer the Eva Cassidy version. She has such a beautiful voice and interprets the lyrics so well. 

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley.
You'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we walk in fields of gold.

It's a love song, full of poignancy and is deeply evocative as it maps out love from beginning to the final parting.
It makes me cry and smile at the same time!

So - my background is ink blended and my barley field is a stamp from Inkylicious stamped and gold heat embossed.

The sentiment is from Altenew Moments in Time set and it seemed perfect- stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia.

I mounted onto some gold mirri card before sticking onto the card base.

Hope you will share your favourite song with us this challenge! x

 



12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great song and a great card too. I love that grassy view. Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

Aquarius said...

This is beautiful and matches perfectly with your choice of song. The theme started me thinking and so far can't think of any way of interpreting my favourite song 🙄 but no doubt my brain will keep ticking over and something will come to mind.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! Loving the song that inspired your design too 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

That's an excellent song to choose. I love the Eva Cassidy version too. Your card is great. The softly inked background looks so lovely behind the gold barley and that sun is just amazing. Great little sentiment too xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

It is a lovely song! I love this card Viv,its a perfect interpretation of the song! Hugs,,Chrisx

Sarn said...

A wonderful song choice and a gorgeous card to go with it. Xxx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card and peaceful scene Viv, it illustrates the song you chose as your inspiration so well.
Yvonne

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful song and a wonderful card to go with it.

Joan said...

Beautiful card Viv for a beautiful song, I love the Eva Cassidy version best too.

Joan x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful some more.. so clean and simple but speaks and sings volumes Viv. The quote is just perfect.
Happy crafting Tracey x

Mrs.B said...

Love your fields of golden barley, a lovely song and a perfect interpretation.
Avril xx

Pat said...

What a serene scene Viv...I love it and will be have that Inkylicious stamp on my wish list. x