Friday 15 March 2019

Ghost

If you are visiting and the title of my blog post has you thinking you will see friendly Casper 😱 then you are going to be disappointed!
Although there were several times during the course of the last week that I may have been happy to see the little white sheeted person 👻👻 - instead of seeing the inside of the waste basket with failed attempts.
I am enjoying being back in the swing of being able to enter challenges - and challenging this one was - for me.

I have though finally managed to make TWO fairly passable cards for this months CAS Stencil challenge of  'Ghosting' and here's the first.

The 'Ghosting' technique entails inking a piece of card, placing a stencil over it, spritzing with water (or rubbing with a baby wipe) to remove the ink and leave a 'ghosted' image.

Sounds relatively easy??
NOT!!

I tried several times with small stencils and tried both water spritzing and baby wipe method.

I had varying degrees of success before turning to a very large stencil and a baby wipe.

The background was inked in Seedless Preserve/Cracked Pistachio/Mermaid Lagoon (without doubt these are 3 of my very fave DI's)

The stencil is from AliExpress and a new purchase.

I found this metal die cut amongst some of my stash and it just seemed to fit.
The large purple stone was cut off an old jumper (I have quite a few of these!!).
The hardest part for me was the actual assembly of the card.
I agonised for ages about putting it in a frame and adding more die cut feathers - in the end I simply got frustrated and opted to just keep it as plain as possible.
Am sharing over at
A2S+M - Make Your Mark
MMM - Something New (Stencil and Technique)
Crafters Cafe- Include metal (my sentiment)

Thanks for looking today - I welcome all comments and hope that you are having a great day whatever you're doing!  x   

20 comments:

brenda said...

Great masking effects Viv. Very happy with the draw and by the way Mr K was showing off his veneers so was he.

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, Viv. The dreamy inky background is perfect for the soft feather image. So glad you persevered! Thank you for joining in at CAS Stencil.

Loll said...

Hi Viv. Ghosting is one of those tricky techniques. Some days it works ... some days it doesn't. But you have an amazing image with this beautiful card. I LOVE this gorgoeus feather with the combination of peaceful colours for the background. I can see why this combination of colours in your fav ... it's gorgeous! I'm glad you left the one large feather to be the focal point. It's really stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil, my friend! xx

Meggymay said...

The effect you created looks lovely, its a great card Viv.
I think I will be giving this technique a miss.
Yvonne xx

nancy littrell said...

I have found that the key for ghosting (for me) seems to be the choice of stencil. I think your feather and beautifully sponged background made for a gorgeous ghosted card, Viv. TFS at CAS Stencil Card Challenge and for not giving up on the technique. Hugs, Nancy

Dawn Phillips said...

You certainly mastered it in the end. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Aquarius said...

You've achieved a great ghosting effect with a lovely colour selection too. Usually very unpredictable but great fun to experiment to see what surprises 'happen'.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Viv, gorgeous background colour mix for your 'ghost' feather... we all have those 'try-outs', keep at it this is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil

Wendy said...

So beautiful Viv, gorgeous colours.
Wendy xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and background love the ghosting technique-says she who hasn't tried it yet lol
carol x

Monika Reeck said...

your ghosting technique looks adorable with this Image
lovely colors of the BG too
great beautifully made
Many thanks for joining ATSM this time
Hugs
Monika (DT)

Mrs A. said...

So glad you persevered as this is casbulous. Hugs Mrs A.

TK said...

Beautiful! And thank you for the huge tip!!! I have not tried this technique because it just seemed difficult, but I may be able to manage it now

aussie aNNie said...

This is fabulous, love the outcome Viv..
I will be absent from April 10 to May 30, so although I have scheduled posts, but I will not be able to comment on your posts .....

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful card..love your results.
x Karen

Joan said...

fab "ghost" card Viv, your efforts really paid off



Joan

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful ghosted feather background you created Viv! Love the mix of colors you used! Glad you kept on trying with this fun technique and thanks for sharing with us in the CAS Stencil challenge! xx

Mac Mable said...

I am so glad you persevered Viv...Your card has turned out wonderfully. Love the look you've achieved with the technique. I know exactly what you mean with this technique but you have now mastered it! Love the gem from your jumper too...LOL x Yes I take ages fussing with a layout...with the sentiment in particular and at times it take longer than the actual card! x.

cass said...

Pretty card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Borders and or Use Metal" challenge.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

This is absolutely fabulous, all your efforts have paid off! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card over at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn