Thursday 21 March 2019

Just Beachy!

This is another one of those cards that didn't really end up like I thought it would!
Looking back I had no idea how it would turn out as I simply wanted to try out the Ghosting technique again. 

I have lots of odd pieces of watercolour card perfect for practicing with (Playground for me!) so made a couple of backgrounds using different colours - mostly blue and greens with varying degrees of success and this one which was done in shades of orange DI's, lifting the colour by spraying with water, leaving for a few seconds and lifting the stencil off.

The stencil is by That's Crafty.

I stamped and embossed the shell and the sentiment in gold and cut the frames and sentiment frame from the left over base card - there was no waste left from this particular piece of card!

The shells were collected from a trip last year and the seed beads were from my stash.

I am not sure if this is CAS enough for the CAS Stencil challenge but am linking anyway!

Also linking at the Mixed Media Must Use a Stencil challenge at Stamplorations

A2S+M - Holiday (and right now I can't wait to get on a beach somewhere!)

The Card Concept also have a lovely Inspiration Pic and I chose the shells and the overall beachy theme to inspire this make.

My kitchen floor has finally been laid today - the whole project has taken 7 weeks - there is just the skirting boards to be fixed now so my house is almost back to normal!

Thanks for visiting today - have a great day whatever you are doing! x
 

19 comments:

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the little,subtle embellishments. Ghosting is a technique I haven't tried yet. One day I'll get round to it :) x

Carole said...

Love this card Viv..you really have blossomed haven't you! ...you also must have a lot of patience too...7 weeks!..kitchen!..I would be climbing the walls!...you must also be a very placid person. See you at the beach..where are we going? xx

brenda said...

A very stylish design Viv. Seven weeks, I think mine was five and it seemed live forever.

B x

Robyn Oliver said...

Viv - I think it's a lovely CAS card - your ghost 'golden sand' background is perfect with the fab sentiment and the little shells and beads give it a wonderful lift - thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil and have a lovely day

Mac Mable said...

I love the way the technique has turned out and to the shells in the oranges is so creative and unique. Great addition of the real shells too. Gorgeous design and it looks striking and perfectly CAS to me x

Kathleen said...

Love the layers and the gorgeous colours and subtle patterns on the background.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

It is a lovely colour and a super design for your card .
I imagine you will be happy that the work on your kitchen is nearing its end, I'm sure you will be well pleased with it finished.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning CAS card I really love the colour and great stencil-must try that technique
Carol x

Liz said...

A really striking design, Viv, such a beautiful card. I love the added texture. xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful ghosted stencil shells background, Viv. I love how you framed your background and added the shells embellishments. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Aquarius said...

Super colours here and a great pairing of the stencil design with the gilded shell in the corner - love it.

Priya said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us
DT ATSM

MariLynn said...

love how your ghosting turned out. It reminded me of a tie dyed shirt I used to have. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Viv! I LOVE your ghosted sea shells. Great work! And a lovely designed card. I'm glad the ghosting worked for you. I find that pieces in my stash don't usually work well for ghosting. I find I have better luck with a "fresh" piece of coloured card. :) This is a gorgeous design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil. Hope you'll share some pics of your finished kitchen! xx

Julia Aston said...

Wow - everything is so connected on this lovely sandy beach card Viv - the wonderful ghosted stencil background, the sand beads, the shells and that sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil! xx

Dora said...

Beautiful

Di said...

First of all - whoop, whoop about the kitchen finally being completed. It's such a hub of the house and so nice to have it back again - been there a couple of times before and always said never again! As you do.

Love this card Viv - it really does sum up a golden, sunny beach - and I also have that same sentiment stamp, which I really love! Need to check out the ghosting technique and have a go!

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

Seeing your pretty ghosted shells together with the stamped and the real ones has made me long for long days by the sea. I love the added little beads too and the gold embossed sea shell and sentiment look great. Congratulations on being one of the Outstanding Designs at CAS Stencil too. x

Darnell said...

Wow, Viv, you rocked this technique! Your card is stunning! Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition!! Hugs, Darnell