Sunday 24 March 2019

In the absence of Mojo

I have been struggling to come up with ideas of late. There have been a few 'real life' things which have invaded into my little cocoon and this has resulted in me being unable to make anything that I am happy with!
I sat yesterday and just made a couple of simple cards  - achieved by smooshing watercolours onto watercolour card.
The basic design of both is the same - I used the same stamp, embossed and smooshed! Will share the other (even plainer) one at a later date but here's the first

I have tried a different way of smooshing and found this works better for me - it is simply instead of putting the colours onto your craft mat and dipping the card into it, I put the colour onto a piece of acetate, spritzed and then pressed it over the embossed image.

It's probably not as random as you can actually position the colours but as I can see where the colour is going it stops me from covering massive areas when I only wanted to cover a tiny bit!

The stamp is a smaller one from a 2 part Woodware set.

I used Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Dried Marigold with a little bit of Peeled Paint, drying each colour with the heat gun before moving onto the next.
I added a teeny bit of Vintage Photo into the centre of the flower.

I finished it with a few (did I say few?) ink spatters and a new to me die cut sentiment.

Then I decided it wasn't finished and added the little black card with the white embossing  - THEN it was finished!

Sharing over at
TIOT - Say It With Flowers
AAA - 1 image/Spring
Crazy 4 CAS - Watercolour
Alphabet - Z for Zesty
Cut It Up - Flowers

We have had a dry but very windy day here today - but it really IS cold!!
Have a lovely day whatever you're doing and thanks for coming to see me today. x

27 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is beautiful Viv. It’s is a technique that I’m using a lot recently as it doesn’t take too long and I’m usually happy with the end result. Hope all is okay and sending you a virtual hug x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the embossed flower and the smooching gives a great effect the tiny bit of black card is just the perfect aded touch--hope things get better for you soon
Carol x

froebelsternchen said...

A stunning creation! WOW! Adorable design! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Happy start of the new week!
oxo Susi

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv, using the acetate is a good idea for smooshing colour where you want it and it works so well with the embossed flower. Hope your Mojo returns soon, there's nothing more frustrating.
Avril xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful, the colours are gorgeous.
Wendy xx

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Viv. Using acetate is a great idea, I'm going to pinch that I think. Smooshing is my favourite technique atm and it's lovely to get inspiration from others like you x

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card! I love the smooshed ink look you created -- so pretty!
I totally understand not being able to create - during those times my trash can gets fed a lot! Sometimes I just take a break and come back in a few days -- other times I browse Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration!

Aileen said...

This is so pretty I love how it turned out. When I cant get my mojo going I too love to make backgrounds that then become cards with just such an addition as that lovely stamped image on yours. Be well mf

Kathleen said...

Super background in great colours and a lovely flower.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

It is a very beautiful card Viv, the colours of the background look lovely behind the pretty flower image. Thank you so much to linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays as well.
Yvonne xx
p.s. I like your blog's new look.

My name is Erika. said...

If this is the absence of your arty mojo, I can't wait to see what you create then. This is beautiful! Thank for sharing it with us at try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Miranda Mols Stampin Utopia said...

Beautiful smooshed ink watercolor card. Love the idea. Thanks for joining CFC

Cath Wilson said...

Well, I could be reading about me in that first paragraph - we are such emotional creatures and emotion affects everything, doesn't it? I hope you soon feel better and find your creative spark!
The colour combo you've used here is just beautiful - so rich and warm. I love the way you've smooshed and it's nice to ring the changes when we're applying colour - that's how we make the best art! This is just lovely. There are some real gems amongst the Woodware range.
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

papierelle said...

A fiery background ... great !!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I absolutely love this card. The colors smooshed in exactly the right places to create your flower. I think this is beautiful.

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Flower challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Monica said...

This is stunning. Loving the riot of sunlight colours and everything else. Very effective and dramatic.

Jane said...

Can't beat a bit of smooshing for a background. Love the warm sunshiny colours you've chosen. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

Joan said...

Its a lovely card Viv, you have really cracked the smooshing technique, I can't get to grips with using acetate !




Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan

Janice said...

Love your smooshed background, beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, and hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

Rosie said...

A beautiful card.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

aussie aNNie said...

This is fabulous, yeah mojo invades us all at some stage.xx

Dora said...

This is looking good. Beautiful made.

Mac Mable said...

I do so hope 'real Life things' settle down for you Viv x.
Your card is so artsy and creative, with such pretty colours. Fabulous technique with the inks and the acetate and love the white heat embossing of that pretty line flower and those glorious splats! x.

Loll said...

Love your acetate smooshing. It's a great way to place colour in particiular areas. You've done an amazing job of making this beautiful background for your white embossed flower. Great work Viv! I don't think your mojo has suffered at all. I LOVE this card! Fabulous details with the smooshed die-cut sentiment in the same colours and the little hit of black. Awesome! xx

Iefje Ceulemans said...

Lovely 'smooshed' card! Thanks for joining us at Crazy for CAS!

New Creations said...

Perfect smooshing technique for this embossed flower, so beautiful!
Thanks for joining at Cut It Up challenges.
DT Vinita

Pat said...

I adore the yellow, orange and green smooshed background Viv, so bright and pretty, and the white heat embossed flower with just that touch of added colour in the centre is perfect with it, and your die cut sentiment looks great especially with the white on black embossing...finished perfectly. x