Sunday 3 March 2019

Rainbow for March

We have a 'RAINBOW' challenge this month at Stamping Sensations.
We want you to be inspired by the colours or the words of the song.
Please read our rules before linking up - thank you!

I opted to used the rainbow colours for this card.
 The background stamp is a WOW one called 'Tropical'.
I stamped onto watercolour card and heat embossed.
I think perhaps I should have stamped and embossed again to make the background more defined as I didn't quite get the effect I wanted once I started colouring. But wasn't going to risk re-doing once I had removed it from the Misti!

I used lots of Distress Oxides(Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet).

Mounted onto black card,sentiment stamped and hear embossed and a couple of black sparklies.
A quick unfussy and uncomplicated card which I actually like rather a lot!

Hope you can join us - once again we have a wonderful prize which you can see when you go to read our rules HERE

17 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great rainbow effect on this colourful card

papierelle said...

This is so beautiful!!! I love the delicate flowers with the rainbow colors.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv and stunning colours

Anne

brenda said...

Your resist stamping looks great Viv and makes a lovely backdrop for the rainbow of colour.

What's in store at Goodison this afternoon I wonder, can we pull it off?

B x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv, I like the subtle embossed stamping in the background with the rainbow colours, looks so pretty.
Thanks for your nice comments, I've followed you for a couple of years now, so it's nice to see you.
Avril xx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Viv. The flower stamped background looks great with the rainbow colours.

Dora said...

Perfect card. Fantastic how you used the rainbow colours.

Mac Mable said...

I think the black frame draws your eyes right into the pretty rainbow colours and the wonderful stamping. Such a beautiful card and you have a great day too x.

Joan said...

Lovely card Viv , the flower background is lovely


Joan x

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous Viv, great background stamp and love the way you have done the colours.

Kath x

Lynne K said...

Resist stamping is one of my favourite techniques, Viv, and this is a great example of it. The rainbow colours lead one's eye across to the sentiment and the black details give it an elegant touch. Lovely!

Lynne x

Carole said...

Now this is beautiful Viv with that white embossing and the rainbow of colours. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Viv love the rainbow colours over the resist embossing-a great effect and nice to try out different techniques
Carol x

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it! Simple but so effective. The different interpretations of the theme this month have really inspired me...all I need now is time to play, lol!

Julie B said...

A great way to use the all over stamp Viv. :)

Loll said...

Beautiful rainbow card Viv! Such a gorgeous background stamp and this is a great way to show it off!! xx

Tracy said...

This is so pretty Viv, I love it. The resist technique is subtle yet so effective.
Happy crafting
Tracy x