Sunday 3 March 2019

CAS Mix Up - March

(If you are here to see my March Stamping Sensations DT post, just scroll past this one!)

I am trying to submit an entry into as many of the CAS Mix Up challenges (and their sister blogs) as I can.  And this month CAS Mix Up is 3 years old so they are having a birthday celebration too!
The challenge set is 'Faux Stained Glass'.
Not a technique I have used before but I watched the videos (all linked on the challenge blog) and decided to have a go.

  As it was my first try I wanted something relatively simple! There are some fab examples of mandalas etc but I wasn't confident enough to plunge into degrees of difficulty!

The balloon is part of a 2 die set and scarcely used.
Cut four times (with sticky sheets on the back of each cut) from a small off cut of white card.
I dusted another piece with Tumbled Glass DI, and positioned the first die cut onto it. 
I coloured the balloon with Promarkers then built up two more layers.
Then used Nuvo Crystal Glaze, finally adding the last die on top.

The 'clouds' were odd scraps lying about! (Not that using them has made much difference to the mess on the desk.....😉😉)
I was a little disappointed when the glaze dried as the left side colours were pink, red and orange but the glaze took a little of the vibrant shade out of the red - a lesson learned!

Here's a close up though of the lovely glossy shine

And I think not too bad for a first attempt.

Am sharing my ballon at the Playground  and also at
Inkspirational - Use Your Stash
Die Cut Divas - A/Goes
AAA #135 - Sentiment plus 3 (die cut/matted layer/coloured pens)
Fusion - Inspiration Pic - a rainbow cupcake handle!

Thanks for stopping by - I really appreciate your visits and any comments you leave me.
Have a nice day whatever you're doing. x

28 comments:

Aquarius said...

Wow that's a clever one - imagine it could have turned out a mess (in my hands anyway) so well done for 'keeping inside the lines' with the glaze.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Well I had popped along to see your SS entry but I like this one very much too. Where would you like us to fly to Viv? :) The balloon looks great, especially with the glaze on. I painted some berries yesterday, put a white spot on to highlight them and then put on some glaze which just caused it all to blend into one, lesson learned! Two great cards and the rainbow colours really make me feel happy. Have a great week Hun x

pinky said...

Oh my word Viv this is absolutely gorgeous!! Loving the balloon and your sentiment.

Mac Mable said...

Marvellous first attempt Viv and you are clearly a natural x. Such a cute scene and love the colours from the balloon against the white. I think the technique has turned out brilliantly and the font from the sentiment looks great. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with your wonderful CAS card x.

Arlene said...

A Great card for your first try with this technique. You've inspired me to try this technique too. I may have to try something simpler. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This rainbow hot-air balloon makes me feel like hopping in and flying in the sky, Viv! Your first Faux Stained Glass card turned out fantastic! It's so pretty and shiny! The die-cut clouds are a great addition to the sky. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! I hope you had fun with the technique.
Hideko xx

Joan said...

Lovely card Viv , the balloon looks fantastic


Joan x

Kathleen said...

A really super die and a great CAS card, The image looks great with all they layers and colours.

Kath x

Carole said...

Good on you for giving it a go Viv..something I have never tried too, and I think your balloon has turned out well regardless of what you think.xx

Meggymay said...

Two fantastic cards today Viv, I love the glossy glass effects on the hot air balloon.
Yvonne xx

Bonnie said...

I love this beautiful, bright, glassy balloon, Viv! The glaze lets this bright colors shine through to make a very festive card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT and vibrant colours love the card.x

Dora said...

Beautiful done

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous effect. Emma

Di said...

Stunning card Viv! I just adore the design and the glazed panels are wonderful. Neat trick to keep the final die cut of the balloon and add it after the 'glazing work'.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

Fantastic die to try this technique, Viv! The rainbow of colours of your hot air balloon are so bright and fun! Great work with the technique. Love the design with the stitched clouds. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Pia S said...

It certainly look like stained glass! How cool! A great card which is plenty colorful and with lots of white space for a clean feel.
I’m sorry I’ve been a bit absent the past weeks, busy schedule with work and activities after work, and family visits on weekends, so not much time to craft or visit blogland. Forgive me for not being able to catch up on previous posts, I need to start afresh it seems...

Susie Moore said...

What an amazing card! I am so glad I clicked on your link as this really brightened my day!

Jane said...

Love the shiny and glossy look of the stained glass panels. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

papierelle said...

Oh what a great idea and design.And so wonderfully happy. I hope the balloon does not get too heavy through the glass ... ;-)

Linby said...

This is just brilliant - love the effect you've achieved and a great layout too.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW love the effect you achieved with the technique and brilliant first attempt love it
Carol x

TK said...

Loving your "stained glass" look, and fun card with that unique stamped sentiment (reminds me of another challenge)! Nice!

Michelle Lupton said...

Love your rainbow balloon! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

cm said...

Swooning over your shimmery rainbow balloon that looks perfect from my perspective! Thrilled you shared your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Sally H said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Viv! I love it x

Cheryl said...

Such a pretty card! Love the faux stained glass look. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

Quillish said...

What a beautiful CAS card love the dimensions those diecuts give and the faux stained glass in rainbow colours.. wow... amazing idea. Thank you for playing with us at AAA challenge, hugs ~ Ishani.