Tuesday 13 August 2019

On a Roll!

So I wait 8 months to make a Christmas card and in the space of 48 hours I have now made 2!

I have been having fun with paper towels again - and so on an odd bit of watercolour card I placed another piece of ink soaked paper towel and sprayed with water.

I ended up with a lovely pale green and pink background piece that I thought may provide a good backdrop for my die cut holly.

Turned out not too bad at all I don't think!

Here's a close up of the glitter on the berries.


Very schparkly!!
(And so's my desk......  no idea how a teeny miniscule tub of glitter has managed to pervade every corner of my desk  - and the floor and beyond😞)

Again there's not a lot of glitter on the card but there IS a bit so this will be my second card for this month's CAS Christmas challenge!

It still seems weird to be making Christmas cards when there are 36 sleeps to go to my holidays (not that I'm counting you understand.......😏😏😎)


Hope you're having a nice day and thanks for stopping by. xx

14 comments:

Carole said...

Great card Viv and well done on embracing C...more than I have!

Bunny said...

I love this! It's beautiful. I do love sparkle and it loves me. My carpet, my tile, my bedrooms, garage, bathrooms, kitchen. It's even in kitchen drawers. How does it get there?

I love the Merry and Bright die. Who makes that? [Bunny]

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Viv. The paper towel background is really lovely. xx

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful colours Viv, I love the soft greens and pinks for a Christmas card and your sparkly berries are stunners Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

brenda said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of sparkle Viv, great CAS design. Hope we fare well tonight.

B x

Aquarius said...

You've made good use of your used paper towels - great die used for the aperture and a good CAS layout

papierelle said...

A very beautiful CAS-card. Love it!!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv, must stop throwing my paper towels in the bin.
I know what you mean about glitter everywhere - my face seems to attract it too!
Avril xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful,a gorgeous design.xxx

Bonnie said...

The pastel background is beautiful with the holly and glittery berries, Viv! Love the die cut sentiment too! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Christmas!

Kathleen said...

A really great CAS card, lovely holly die and the sparkle on the berries looks great, some lovely dies used too.
Well done on your tally of 21.

Kath x

Mac Mable said...

So very pretty, love the soft colours of the paper towel and the pop of red glitter on the berries looks beautiful x.

Loll said...

The soft colours of your paper towel background are just perfect for your pretty holly and berries. LOVE this card Viv! I might need to look for that die ... give me a shout about who makes it, please! :) xx

Pat said...

Wow, another Christmas card already Viv! Better than me I have not made any at all yet. I love your holly and the red glittery berries really stand out and another pretty paper towel inky background too. x