Sunday 4 August 2019

CAS Stencil - August

Robyn is hosting our challenge this month at CAS Stencil and she has set us the task of using Sprays.
If you're like me you may have an odd one or two which you hardly use for your cards - I tended to use them for canvases and other mixed media projects so this was a first for me.
Having looked at the few colours I possessed I decided I would have a go at making up my own.

I bought some small spray bottles to fill with holiday essentials and had a couple left so I got out the Brushos and made some sprays up in a few colours to stretch my stash without buying!
I used 'Leaf Green' for this - and yes I know it's NOT a bamboo but you will just have to use your imagination!
(And anyway Pandas eat other leaves not just bamboo.... according to Google!!)

My green leaves were done on watercolour card then placed inside a die cut frame.
The panda stamp is from a 'panda panel' from Woodware and I just cut him away from his fluffy friends.

There's lots of things you can use to make up a spray colour - all you need is a spray bottle of some sort (a mini mister is fine), some water and whatever colour/type of powdered pigment you have. - Oh and you need a cardboard box (or similar) with high sides to put your stencil in  before you start - that way the spray doesn't decorate your desk, your walls and your clothes, as well 🙈🙈

There's a couple of videos on the challenge blog which may give you some help too - and while you're there have a look at the amazing designs from my talented teamies and our wonderful Guest Designer Amy and pop over to their blogs for more inspiration!

Thanks for looking today - happy crafting. x

20 comments:

Aquarius said...

A great result with the spray and love the panda and sentiment

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Viv! Lovely spray stenciling and a sweet little panda. I've not had much success with spraying stencils - perhaps it's time to try again, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

I love those leaves and my favourite colour too. I think as I look at the design teams examples I am liking the technique more and more, they are all so good xx

Kathleen said...

A lovely creation, great little panda and love the leafy background.

Kath x

Julia Aston said...

Leaves always look so nice when stenciled - love the beautiful green on yours Viv! The black and white panda looks so cute in front of his lunch (!) delivering his birthday message! xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous card Viv, the panda image is so sweet.
Have fun with your own made colour sprays, its a super way to experiment with colours. I even once used the water from the pot that I cleaned my brushes in and now use it often as it helps to age the paper.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

Fab card Viv, love your stencilled leaves and that cute Panda

Joan

Robyn Oliver said...

A gorgeous leafy stenciled background for you cute panda Viv, looks a bit like bamboo to me too, nicely framed and cool sentiment.. fabulous card, hugs Robyn

Pat said...

Good on you to make your own spray from Leaf Green Brusho Viv and love the leaf patterned stencil, and who could resist your sweet little panda especially with that coordinating sentiment. x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous Viv.x

Barb Ghig said...

Your sprayed leaves are so pretty and I love how you added the Panda, Viv! Such a great sentiment, too...Love this darling card!

Christine Alexander said...

Great spray background, the leaves are perfect for your little panda. I need to pull out my stencils :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an adorable panda and the gorgeous spray stenciled background, Viv! Good for you to make your own spray. The vibrant brusho green is amazing! The leaves (bamboo or not ;-)) are a perfect background for the panda!
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

Great job with the technique Viv and the colour is so vibrant and pretty. Adorable Panda and a fabulous card x.

Linda said...

Love the stencil design and the colour is stunning. Great backdrop for the cute little panda xx

nancy littrell said...

Love how you used your Leaf Green Brushos to make your pretty spray. Your stenciled leaves turned out beautifully. Your Panda and sentiment were perfect choices for an embellishment and sentiment. TFS Viv..hope your weather becomes milder. Happy Stamping...Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

The bright green leaves made a fun background for your adorable panda, Viv! Such a happy and fun birthday card! xx

Mrs A. said...

I just love that sentiment and the cute little panda . Super background and a great idea to make some sprays up from your brushos. I don’t dare to do anything messy unless out in the garden or at a workshop!! Hugs Mrs A.

Cathy said...

Fabulous card, love this cute little panda! Great idea to make your own spray from brushos, it's worked beautifully, I must try that! TFS, Cathy x

Brenda in IN said...

Perfect sprayed leaves for the sweet panda and a fun sentiment to boost.