Sunday 25 August 2019

Winter

It seems very odd to be making a winter card when we have amazing temperatures and glorious sunshine!

I like the sun but it has been very hot today so I escaped to the craftie space for a little while  - the weather has been a nuisance really as I bought some pre loved PB stamps from a crafting buddy and have been itching to try them - but as most of us here in the UK feel that we have to make the most of the sunshine as it doesn't appear very often!

I am very much a novice when it comes to colouring these beautiful stamps and welcome any tips/techniques to make me improve!

My first attempt with this PB Hidden Lane stamp was in Autumn colours (saved for later). Didn't turn out too bad and will share at some point.

Flushed with success 😊😊, I thought I would try a wintry scene which involved some masking and I used another PB tree on the right side of the card.

I am really happy with how this turned out considering I am not very confident! I have left it without a sentiment for the time being - need to have a think about it!

I am sharing over at PBSC - where the theme is A.Goes with the option of watercolours.
The DT over there are incredibly talented so they may give me some constructive criticism or pointers which I am happy to take on board! 

12 comments:

Aquarius said...

The colouring looks good - I agree though that it does seem strange to be producing wintry cards while the sun is shining and it is so warm.

brenda said...

A super creation Viv, need to dig my one out now I've seen this. Good 3 yesterday.

B x

brenda said...

Meant to add in reply to your question, I find they work best using a stamp platform as it allows you to keep adding colour until your happy with the result. I usually do one stamping first with water spritzed onto the ink.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Such an artsy winter scene and you have done an incredible job with colouring and stamping these wonderful images. Yes nice to see the sunshine at last! x

Bunny said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the trees. Actually I love everything about this card. [Bunny]```

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous Viv, a really great scene and I think you have certainly done it justice.

Kath x

Carole said...

Lovely card Viv...great colouring...but WINTER!!..no, too busy enjoying the sunshine..lol xx

Sally H said...

A stunning card, Viv! Absolutely gorgeous! I think many of us sought refuge from the heat in our craft space today. Too hot for me!

Christine Alexander said...

Viv, wow this is a gorgeous card, you make me want to pull out my penny Black stamps. I'm not sure I could make them look this good :)

Meggymay said...

It is a beautiful winter scene Viv, the colouring looks super. I think the heat is getting to us all, we are not used to these temperatures here in the UK.
Yvonne xx

Pat said...

This is beautiful Viv and I love these landscape PB stamps and you have managed some nice dark shadows in the foreground and the snowy fence and the patchy snow on the ground and with a bit on the trees too looks very effective. The sky which you have kept light and with a touch of yellow is just perfect. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

great looking scene....so well done mf.
x Karen