Sunday 18 August 2019

CAS Stencil - Mid Month!

I'm here with a reminder that the CAS Stencil challenge is mid way through this month -  and the challenge that Robyn set us was to use sprays with your stencils.

At the beginning of the month I used a spray I had made up myself using Brushos in the usual way of simply spraying through a stencil - if you've not already seen my card, it's here.

I watched a couple of videos and rather liked the idea of mixing an Ink Mist Spray with embossing paste to create texture and colour  so thought I'd have a play with paste and get messy!

The spray I used was a Cosmic Shimmer Ink Spray Mist called 'Paradise Pink' and the stencil is 'Beautiful Baroque Swirls' by Hunkydory.

Using a palette knife I scooped some white embossing paste onto a craft sheet, added a few drops of the ink and mixed them together thoroughly.
I layered this through the top of the stencil then added a few more drops to darken the colour, repeating twice more and applying through the stencil, ending up with an ombre effect.

Before the paste dried I sprinkled a teeny bit of Glamour Dust down the centre - doesn't show up very well on the pic but it looked very pretty in real life!

The die cut sentiment was triple embossed.

My thanks go to Svitlana for inspiring me to have a go at this technique and I hope I have inspired you to do the same and join us if you haven't already! x

Sharing at
Creative Knockouts - Sparkle and Shine

15 comments:

Carole said...

Wow Viv...get you!...fabulous mix of paste, spray and glitter here..what a lovely stencil. When are you coming round to play and inspire me please? This card is so regal..like flocked wallpaper! xx

Jan said...

Love the colours what a fab card x Jan

Kathleen said...

A really lovely stencil and a lovely choice of colours, like the addition of the glamour list, super card.

Kath x

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Viv. Great idea to mix the ink and embossing paste, the result is beautiful. xx

Julia Aston said...

What great colors you created by adding sprays to your embossing pastes Viv! This technique adds wonderful texture to your design - so pretty with the gold text! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Viv.. great embossing and colour is gorgeous.

Bunny said...

This does look flocked. It's very pretty. I love Glamour Dust. Especially when I can actually contain it in my craft room. Normally it travels where I do. [Bunny]`

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Viv, love the ombre effect you created with the ink :)

Robyn Oliver said...

A beautiful card Viv, mixing your sprays with paste is a neat idea and that is one really lovely stencil and nicely finished with just a sentiment ... thanks for having fun with sprays this month, hugs Robyn

Loll said...

Great work with using the sprays to colour your embossing paste, Viv! The swirly stencil is gorgeous on it's own, but even more impressive with the ombre technique. Love the triple embossed gold sentiment! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful ombre colors and lots of great texture on this card. The gold added more elegance.

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a stunning card and love the ombre effect. Great texture and one very pretty stencil....Loving this one Viv x.

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, and great idea to use spray to colour the stencilling paste, love the shades you achieved, Cathy x

Linda said...

This looks fab ...... what a great idea to use your sprays to colour the texture paste. I love how you've got the ombre effect too xx

Michelle said...

This is really very sparkly.
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)