Tuesday 6 August 2019

Mop Up Your Mess!

I have been saving the paper towels I use for mopping up my mess for a little while (there's a lot 'cos I am VERY messy๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜), because I saw a technique to reuse them to make backgrounds.

And that is the challenge at CAS Mix Up this month.
(If you've not done this technique before there are some videos over at the challenge blog!)

So here's my card -  

I had a small piece of watercolour card left over from a previous make so I took my dried paper towel, laid it on top and liberally spritzed it with water.

Pressing down on it the colour transferred onto the watercolour card - I was more than a little pleased with myself  when I lifted it off and was left with this soft pastel background in shades of yellow and pink.

The die cut was another scrap piece of watercolour card and I coloured with Distress Inks. I adore cherry blossoms - you know that once they flower spring is here.

A square card for this make, as the die seemed to look better inside the circle aperture.
A stamped sentiment and a few sequins to finish.

Here's my paper towel!
Mostly Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber  (I think!).

Am also sharing over at Uniko, the Playground, the Flower Challenge  and Make My Monday this week.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog today and if you have left me a comment, I am really grateful!
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

22 comments:

Aquarius said...

Such a good idea to save the mop up paper towels - we never throw anything away!! Pretty card and the die is a handy one for using up snippets.

Mrs A. said...

Just my colours too and I like the spray of May Blossom. Hugs Nrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Gorgeous card... love the background...
hugs Sylvie xx

Meggymay said...

It is a pretty background and a great way to use your mop up papers. I would never remember one colour never mind a few. Your card looks great Viv.
Yvonne xx

Bunny said...

This is beautiful. I'll have to try this technique. I had some lovely paper towels that I just threw away. Ugh! [Bunny]

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty card and love the colour combination. The technique looks beautiful and yes life is better with friends x. Thanks for playing along at The CAS Mix Up Challenge Viv x.

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such a pretty card. I love it. Love Dawn x

Kathleen said...

Love that background and what a fabulous idea, a really super card.

Kath x

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a beautiful card! Love everything about it, especially that background. You sure make me sorry that my trash was emptied already! Thank you for playing in my Friendship challenge at Make My Monday! Hope you can join us again soon.

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I love these colors, Viv! The soft pink and yellow background show the cherry blossoms beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Christine Alexander said...

Viv, that's a gorgeous background from your ink mop up. Love it :)

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Viv - like you I love cherry blossom - and how you made the background is such a great idea as well! So soft and very pretty.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

Your background is so pretty Viv! Love the soft colours from the transferred ink. The watercoloured die-cut really pops with the bright colours. xx

Susan Joyce said...

Great Paper Towel Transfer Viv and a beautiful spray of blossom. Lovely design! Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up this month.

Darnell said...

First of all, Viv, I LOVE that paper towel mop! Itself would be gorgeous used on a card somehow ... I'm sure Lolly knows how! It's bold and vibrant and it made a soft dreamy background for your pretty cherry blossom branch! You circle in a square design is perfick! Hugs, Darnell

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty card, Viv! Your soft pastel background is perfect for the beautiful pink cherry blossoms. Great job of transferring the distress ink. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Pia S said...

Ah! This is SO beautiful, gorgeous colors and a well balanced design, stylish!

Pat said...

I love this pretty blossom branch Viv and the paper towel background goes beautifully and the few sequins and lovely sentiment are great finishing touches. x

Rika said...

A very pretty card.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card and flowers Viv,love your header here too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge ;)hugs Viv DT xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty card...your pink blossoms just shine.
So glad you came to play along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen