Monday 11 May 2020

Look Up!

The temperature change in 24 hours here has been ridiculous!!
Sat outside on Saturday - very warm and sunny. Sat inside on Sunday - in a jumper and socks! (had other clothes on too........😄😄 )
Still cool today but not raining thankfully so we managed a walk round the nearby Nature Reserve this morning.
I have a card for this month's CAS Watercolour challenge which is 'Night Sky'.

I quite enjoy trying my hand making these backgrounds and usually manage OK blending Distress Inks but I tried this time just using my watercolours.
Note to Self - NEED MORE PRACTICE!

Overall my watercolour piece didn't turn out too bad and I managed to make 2 reasonably passable cards with it.

I love these little 'SuperHero Pugs' from Clearly Besotted and I thought he would look good against the galaxy sky.
Stamped, embossed and watercoloured before he was ready to sit patiently waiting to fly off somewhere to Save the World!

Thanks for looking today - stay safe, be kind and happy crafting. xx

Also sharing at -
HLS Watercolour - A/Goes + Embossing
Daring Cardmakers - Inky Background






22 comments:

brenda said...

Only in the UK! A fun card, brings a smile.

So hoping that vote goes well late, still got awful visions os null and void and us missing out.

B x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your super hero card Viv...yes like you I'm back in my jumper today AND body warmer...but getting ready for the warmer weather to come back at the end of the week.

Anne

Meggymay said...

This is a fantastic card Viv and you have added a wonderful sentiment.
Its feeling like winter again here, the central heating is on and so are the heavy jumpers.

Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Christine Alexander said...

Great night sky Viv, and just love that super hero- he's so cute :)

Vicky Hayes said...

This is amazing Viv and no extra practice is required on that fabulous watercolour background! I love that you paired it with that cute little super hero. Does he fancy running the country at all?!! Lol. Vicky x

Pia S said...

Ah! I want to learn to make a night sky like this! I think it’s fantastic, and a cute image too.

Kathleen said...

I can totally relate to your first comments. A really gorgeous card, super background and agreat fun image.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous design as always.xx

Loll said...

Your watercoloured night sky is FANTASTIC Viv!! I don't think you need practice ... you nailed it! I especially love the bits of orange. And your super hero is so cute! Great card, my friend! xx

Aquarius said...

Sweet little pooch and a lovely night sky.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card Viv, I love the gorgeous colour you've got for your night sky.

Sue xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Super Pug! Love it! 😍 Your night sky is so realistic! Thanks for playing with us:)

Bonnie said...

That's an awesome night sky, Viv! I think I need a lot more practice than you do. Love, love, love your superhero! A super fun card!

crafty-stamper said...

Colder here too even had heating on!Fabulous watercolour background and love the cute super Pug
Carol x

Babs said...

Your night sky is beautiful Viv lovely colours and love your sweet little pug , fab design.
Babs x

Robyn Oliver said...

A super cool card Viv, love your night sky, you did a great job with the watercolour.. I love and the super hero too.. and sentiment, hugs and stay safe Robyn.. ps crazy weather over here too

HilaryJane said...

Very good night sky, I also need more watercolour practice but going by this example I think you are doing just fine with your watercolours xx

Mac Mable said...

The background looks wonderful Viv and what a super hero card and such fun x.

Susan said...

What a wonderful night sky - great galaxy background technique and a great sentiment. And an adorable little super hero dog!

Pat said...

I think your night sky is beautiful Viv and adore your 'superpig', and a great sentiment too. x

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful stary night sky for the flying of your cute super hero Viv! I find that every time I make a night sky it comes out differently whether I use Distress inks, watercolors or Brushos! I think it's the nature of the beast! xx

Sue - said...

A beautiful starry sky for your cute card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.