Friday 29 May 2020

Mid Month Anything Goes at Uniko!

Having won the April challenge over at Uniko I was invited to be their Guest Designer this month for their theme of 'Anything Goes' with the option of  'Bright and Happy'

My first card for the challenge is HERE if you want to go and look!

My background was created using Wild Plum and Watermelon Alcohol Inks on Yupo.

I dried a little with a heat gun then took a small piece of Deco Silver Foil and pressed it down and rubbed my finger randomly onto the background.

This is a fun technique as  after each press down and rub, when you lift off the foil piece some of it has transferred to the AI (usually where the 2 colours have 'pooled' together) and gives a 'marbling' effect.

I stamped and heat embossed the flower (Flower Power Set #8) and fussy cut, and used the sentiment/die from the Kindness Blooms set.

Much as I like this AI/Foil combo it is a nightmare to photograph but I hope that you like my bright background and my happy flower!

There is still time to enter - and you don't have to use a Uniko image - so with a great prize on offer why don't you link in?!
You may be lucky like me and win!

Happy Crafting! x

17 comments:

Sarn said...

Very vibrant Viv! That goes for you AND the card mate! LOL!

Love this make.

Happy Friday!

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Aquarius said...

What a great background using alcohol inks and I really like the stitched effect around the aperture which shows off the image - lovely card.

Lynne said...

Oh wow, another stunning background you've made there Viv. The colours are gorgeous and I love the touches of gold. Fabulous
Lynne x

Lynne said...

Silver...doh! Lynne x

Zoechaos said...

Thank you for explaining the background technique with foils, will certainly have a go with that. Yupo is so much fun to play with and yours looks beautiful. X

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Viv.

Sue xx

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colours and the foiling is beautiful!

Julie B said...

Love your luscious inky panel Viv, looks fab even if it was tricky to photo! :)

Bonnie said...

I love how the foil looks on this awesome AI background, Viv! It perfect for showing off this heat embossed flower!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fabulous effect with the alcohol inks and foil. A great colour combination too x. Cute embossed flower and a striking card Viv x.

TK said...

Lovely card, definitely bright and happy! Love the marbled look of the foil, I may have to try this as nothing else foiled has liked me!

Kathleen said...

Love the use of the dies around the image and the rich red background, lovely golden image too.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Great designed card and fabulous background, really nice.xx

Viv said...

Such a super card Viv, I love that alcohol bg too ;) hugs Viv xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv and I bet the silver looks good in real life.
I've never used foil, but this looks good in the marbling effect.
Avril xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful AI background and love the touch of gold foil :)

Pat said...

Fantastic use of AIs Viv, so bright and pretty and the silver embossed flower goes perfectly over the top, and the stitched window shows it all off perfectly. x