Wednesday 13 May 2020

Twofer Flowers

You can tell the weather changed here over the weekend as I spent a lot of time in the craftie space so have more shares today!
The Twofer Challenge has the prompt of 'Flowers'.  I am a bit of a flower nut when it comes to stamp buying so I had a big problem deciding which flower stamp to use.

In the end I opted to just use a flower head stamp set for these 2 cards.

Both cards used up some oddments too.
I had this slate grey panel left over from another card.

I spent a little while stamping some different grey ink shades onto another scrap to try and get a good match without it being too wishy washy.
I ended up using Altenew Silver Stone.

Randomly stamped the larger of the 2 flower heads on the panel and mounted it onto the white base.

Small odd pieces of grey and white used to die cut the sentiment, which I popped up with foam pads and added the word 'Happy' underneath.

Finished with the 3 grey enamel dots. The sentiment inside says ' Enjoy Your Day'



The second card is a re-make of one done a little while ago.
This time ivory linen cardstock used as a base.

Stamped the flower heads onto an offcut of watercolour card.

Coloured them using my Waterbrush pens and fussy cut.
The two vases are from an old Clearly Besotted Flower Arrangements set.
Die cut and shaded from another scrap!

I had a small panel left of the linen card so I simply cut it freehand into a curved shape. This cardstock does not like lots of water particularly on the textured side so I used the smooth side!

Used a brick embossing folder to give some background texture before putting it all together.

I have left this card blank of any sentiment both outside and in - I have a feeling I may well be using it as a Sympathy card very soon.

I am also linking to
MAWTT -  Flowers (2nd card)
MMM - Tone on Tone (1st card)
Flower Challenge - Monochrome (1st card)
Snippets Playground  - (2nd card)

25 comments:

Sarn said...

Brilliant twofer with the pretty flower. Xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two very pretty cards Viv

Anne

Aquarius said...

What a lovely flower stamp. Great colour matching on the first card and lovely colouring and arrangement on the second one.

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Viv. Great way of using the flower head for two different designs. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and so very diferent using the same flower
Carol x

Carole Pollard said...

Delightful designs so pretty love and hugs Carole x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous card Viv, so very different from each other. I love the wall effect embossing folder you've used.

Sue xx

Bunny said...

Your twofers are great. Love the embossed brick background. [Bunny]

Carole said...

Both lovely cards Viv and both so different. Sorry that you feel the use of the 2nd one might be in the offing as a Sympathy card...I hope not! xx

Dawn Phillips said...

These are both really beautiful. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Darnell said...

These are both what I like to call "yummy," Viv, in the best possible way! That's because every little detail makes me feel good. To begin with, I LOVE that flower! It looks brilliant as handmade DSP in gray hues and the sediment treatment and bling are just perfect! And then your second design - WOW. Love the texture from the brick wall, the slight curve for the vases to sit on and then brilliant shading on the ground and vases! That's one of those finished cards that's hard to part with. It should remain on display in your home! Keep on keeping safe and thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Hugs, Darnell

Babs said...

Two stunning cards Viv , I love the grey panel against the white, and love how you have done the sentiment, I have quite a few bottles of liquid pearls and I just for get about them, your flower in the vase is beautiful I love the colour and vase stamp it looks so beautiful against you r white brick embossed wall..

Vicky Hayes said...

These are gorgeous Viv! I think my favourite is the elegant grey one - I love the handmade dsp effect and the sentiment looks amazing with those enamel dots. The second card is beautiful too with those pretty watercoloured flowers. I love the way you shaded the vases to make them look really 3D and the brick wall background makes the perfect backdrop. Vicky x

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty flower and I love both ways that you used it!

Christine Alexander said...

Two great cards Viv, but the one with the white background is out of this world. Love the brick wall and those wonderful white vases :)

Pia S said...

Great choice of flower stamp. I really like how you did your own paper with it. If it were a DP, this would be one I’d love to use. So stylish with the enamel dots and popped up sentiment. As for the second one, it’s so classy, I really like the design and the pop of color. Well done!

Di said...

I love both cards Viv - although your snippets entry is truly stunning. The shading on those vases gives such a 3D effect - a wonderful card all round.

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

Two distinctive cards and what creative cards they both are x.

Ros Crawford said...

Two stunning cards here Viv... Beautiful stamp and I love them both!

Brenda in IN said...

I just posted my cards and find we used the same e/f! Great minds of course!
I love how you made your background using the flower. I LOVE the second card with those little vases on the table. So pretty.

Pat said...

Two brilliant looks for the Twofer Challenge Viv, and the silver stone coloured ink against the grey background is so elegant, and then the two vases with the same flower and a smaller one are watercoloured beautifully, and love the brick embossing in the background. x

Caz said...

Beautiful creation....Thank you for sharing with us over at Moving along with the times, and good luck...Hope to see you again soon..

Caz xx MAWTT DT

Shona Chambers said...

How amazing that two different cards are made with the same floral stamp. They are both gorgeous and being a lover of grey and white, I think your card is so stylish and modern. I've also fallen in love with that brick embossing folder you used for the other card, its incredible, want to reach thru the computer and touch it. An amazing backdrop for that beautifully coloured flower too. Fabulous cards and I'm so happy you shared them with us at The Flower Challenge!!

Wei said...

Pretty twofers! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Craftychris said...

Both of these are gorgeous! Love them both. Stay safe. xxx