Monday 18 May 2020

Perspective (or lack of it)

We are being treated to a damp day so after getting a little wet on the morning walk the rest of the day is being spent holed up on the top floor!
I have had this image rattling round in my head for a while now after seeing a spring card made with Alexander Renke papers (and probably dies).
As it would be easier to plait fog than get my hands on anything Alexander Renke in my part of the world without having to rob a bank beforehand I set about trying to put my own slant and create something with stamps and the dies I have.
Which is where the perspective comes in - 
Yes I know that deer are slightly bigger than Holly berries.... but I didn't have any tiny berries or big deer!
(Just pretend that the deer is a long way away in the distance........)

Random colouring of a leaf stamp with my Arteza pens, spritzing then stamped on the bottom of a circle with the top bit run through a snow E/F.
Die cut and watercoloured the holly and deer and added the sentiment from Penny Black inked in Walnut Stain.

It was really fiddly chopping up the berries and re-positioning them and it almost became one of those jobs I hadn't wished I'd started!

Am sharing over at CAS Christmas in their 'Winter Berries' challenge.

Some restrictions here have been eased slightly but things definitely cannot be described as 'getting back to normal'. For now I am staying put!!

Thanks for stopping by. Take Care. xx

19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes I know exactly what you mean about Renke products Viv...I so would buy them (more) if I could get hold of them (at all) and then at a reasonable price!....What an adorable 'perspective card'. Great scene making and so very sweet x.

Aquarius said...

Not sure perspective matters in this case - just call it artistic licence!! A super Christmas card. The slight easing of restrictions hasn't made any real difference to me either - I'm staying put for the time being. Plenty to keep me occupied although sometimes motivation is a bit of a problem, not alone there I guess and certainly no shortage of 'raw materials', aka stash!!

Lynne said...

Love this Viv, especially your 'distant' deer.
You can get some older Alexandra Renke dies and papers on Amazon, still not cheap though.
Lynne x

Kathleen said...

It is Art Viv, so anything goes. Love the circle and the lovely images. Super CAS card.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

We had a lovely warm sunny day here even got bedding dry-think no matter how restrictions ease will be a long time getting back to "normality"Beautiful card perspective not a problem and love the water colour leaves
Carol x

Carole said...

Artistic licence Viv...and not obvious till you drew my attention to it, but it looks absolutely fine to me and |I live the design. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Viv. Have to say we've had a fantastic day here in the south.

Sue xx

Bonnie said...

This does remind me of an Alexandra Renke design, Viv! Love the soft green leaves and the red berries with the embossed snow! The little deer is colored beautifully! I'm staying in too.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful post and great colours on this interesting card...lovely.xx

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful what a great design idea looks very classy Love and hugs Carole x

Colleen said...

Viv, this is a beautiful design and you totally pulled off and faux Alexandra Renke masterpiece! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv and I do like the design - and the deer does look in the distance.
Avril xx

Greta said...

This is gorgeous! I really love the stamping on the bottom of the circle!

Ros Crawford said...

Well you did an amazing job of imitating the Alexander Renke papers... This is stunning!

Trina P. said...

A beautiful AR replica. Fabulous design. Thank you for joining in at CAS Christmas.

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful soft colours Viv, I love the speckles of green for the leaves. Perspective is in the eye of the beholder :)
Love the card.

Loll said...

You did great work creating a perspective of your design using what you had, Viv! You made me laugh about pretending the deer is off in a distance. :) I love this sweet design with the sentiment strip anchoring the deer and the branches and berries. The watercolour leaves on the bottom of the circle are so pretty! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

really gorgeous card...love all the elements you added.
xx Karen

My Paper Epiphany said...

So artsy, cute, unique and CAS!