Tuesday 15 September 2020

CAS Mix Up September Mid Month Reminder

Our 'Embossing with Dies' challenge set by Joanna is mid way through at CAS Mix Up, so there's still time to enter!
Here's my card.

I had this fern leaf die and stamp set and thought I would try it for this technique. I used a woodgrain embossing folder to give some texture to the background.

My first attempt at running the die and EF through the machine was not a success as the 'sandwich' was too thick and the card ended up creased and the die had cut through in some places. I fiddled about a bit with a shim until I finally got a run through that was OK.

I stamped the embossed die image several times with Peeled Paint DI (the stamp is mostly outline highlights), then lightly watercoloured the rest of the leaves.

The sentiment is from Woodware again stamped with Peeled Paint DI.  I really like the mottled effect stamping with Distress Inks gives.

Fussy cut the sentiment and popped it onto the card base.

Our Guest designer this month is Mac and her make for our challenge is lovely so hop over and leave her and the rest of the team some love!

20 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautifully CAS Viv and what a fab technique, the fern looks amazing. I have so many embossing folders that never see the light of day these days. I must start using them again x

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous, I love the colour and the texture. You are right the mottled effect from the distress ink looks really effective xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the embossing folder you have used.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your CAS card Viv ..a lovely technique

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card and love the beautiful leaf
Carol x

nancy littrell said...

I Love all the texture you created on your beautiful CAS card, Viv. Your woodgrain background was perfect for the die embossed fern leaf, which you inlaid with the die embossed leaf. A real beauty, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Jo said...

Love that you persisted in making this true CAS beauty. Such a peaceful touch to this organic appeal. Truly a special card. Thank you so much for playing along. xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Very impressive Viv, your die and embossing folder work well together and a lovely leafy card, hugs Robyn

Aquarius said...

This is an effective technique and something a bit different

Maria said...

Beautiful embossing and lovely leaf...great card!!

Joan said...

Fab card Viv, think I have that stamp and die never used, like the technique you have used.

Joan

TK said...

Lovely card and so glad you kept after it! Sometimes the sandwich can be the fiddly part but your perseverance paid off

Bonnie said...

What a pretty fern, Viv, and I love how it fits into the woodgrain background! Worth the effort, my friend!

Loll said...

LOVE your fern on the woodgrain embossed background Viv! There's somethng fresh and bright about a white and green card. Fabulous!! xx

Christine Alexander said...

wow so pretty, I love your fern stamp and die embossing :)

Sarn said...

Wow . . . That's gorgeous. Very elegant.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mac Mable said...

The technique looks fabulous Viv and glad you persevered x. The texture from the embossing folder adds wonderful texture and your card is stunning x.

Linda said...

Oooh! Great technique with amazing results. Love the fern, and the added texture in the background xx

Ros Crawford said...

I love the single leaf against that background Viv ... Beautiful!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome design Viv, I love all the texture you were able to create.