Monday 8 February 2021

Guitar Hero

I have really enjoyed playing with some of my new purchases over the last couple of weeks - despite the occasional 'Mojo-Less Moments', I have simply carried on regardless with no exact plan in mind and seen what has turned out.

I bought this Guitar Hero stamp set and co-ordinating Rock Star stencil from Funky Fossil and have made 4 cards with them up to now so have swelled the man stash a bit.

My background was made from Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserve inks.
Then I just messed about with some stamps and stencils!

The grungy harlequin stamp simply clear embossed added a little texture and I remembered I had bought this 'Equalizer' stamp from Uniko which I thought would be perfect.

The two guitars from the set were stamped onto cream pearlised card, clear embossed and fussy cut.

It was a little enjoyable change for me to abandon the CAS 'clean white space' and revert back to inkiness too.

It's been really cold the last few days, some snow flurries too  and as it's been icy underfoot I've been reluctant to venture out - inhaling fresh air on the doorstep whilst waiting for ink to dry is all I have done!
Stay warm and safe and thanks for looking! x

18 comments:

Carole said...

I really like this Viv..fabulous stamps and colours and a clever background. great to well the man stash too.xx

Pia S said...

A playful design with lots of colors and grungy and scribbly detailing, love the look!

Aquarius said...

Looks as if you really had fun playing with the inks and these stamps - great result

Carole Pollard said...

Sorry not been around for a while been having cataract surgery on both eyes so limited vision for a while. This is a wonderful card such an amazing design and colours Love and hugs Carole x

Liz said...

Great design, Viv. I love the background you’ve created for the guitars. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

I’m sure you enjoyed playing with this stamp se Viv...great background with stencils and inks

Anne

Irish Cherokee said...

This is a fun card. Nostalgic memories. Love it!

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Mac Mable said...

Glorious mixed media card with fabulous elements. Great combination of stamps, fussy cutting, stencilling and inking x. You sure looked like you had fun Viv....I love it! x. Stay warm too x.

Sally H said...

A really beautiful inky card with so many wonderful elements! I love it. It doesn't encourage us to go out, weather like this. I don't blame you staying in xxx

Bonnie said...

A fantastic card for a young (or not so young) man!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I do love this gorgeous card Viv, A lovely inky background that shows off the two guitars perfectly.

Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

wow absolutely fabulous. x

Vicky Hayes said...

This is great fun Viv. Sometimes it's lovely to just get down and inky lol! Maybe best not to send this one until lockdown ends as partying like a rockstar is perhaps not the best plan right now!! Vicky x

Loll said...

Fabulous mix of colour, images and texture, Viv! It is fun to get inky inspired and play ... and you've done it so well! This shows how talented you are and then you can do any style with ease. I have been doing the same thing, taking some time to leave CAS design behind and play. It's been fun. Love, Loll

Katrina Bufton said...

Great card Viv, fabulous background.
Hugs,
Katrina x

HilaryJane said...

This would be perfect for my husband as he is a real guitar freak, and yet, for some reason, I don't own any guitar stamps. Wonderful background xx

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific! I love the combination of stamping and stenciling here Viv... Superb colours too!

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what great colours you have gone for, H xx