Sunday 21 February 2021

February Twofer

(Picture heavy post!)  The 'Twofer Challenge' this month has the theme of Balloons  - ( 'Twofer' - you have to make two cards for different occasions using the same stamps/dies/stencils.)


My first make is using an edger die which I bought last year and never used (another NBUS- this room is full of them!).

Despite it looking big and easy (and I thought versatile) there's not many different way really to use it - it is what it says - an 'edger die' and that's it!
BUT - it is OK for relatively CAS cards needed in a hurry if you're OK with fiddling about putting the different coloured balloon centres in.

By changing the balloon colours and/or using glitter card etc I suppose it may come in useful for Anniversaries and other Celebrations?

My balloon centres are cut from a piece of Peacock Feathers smooshed watercolour card and I used a piece of black card to secure them. A few ink spatters and a sentiment - job done.


The second card uses one of the white balloon diecuts from the first.
I coloured it with a Promarker.


I love this 'Inspired by  not endorsed by Banksy' girl  from Bee Crafty - she's called 'Hope'.

She was stamped onto an ink blended background (Speckled Egg sky and Twisted Citron ground) and added a tree stamp that was a magazine freebie.
Layered some Glossy Accents on the balloon and drew the strings from the balloon with a thin Posca Pen. Finished with an Inylicious sentiment.

Overall  I am not too disappointed with it although probably the balloon is a little big for the right perspective! (Crafter's Licence!)

If you've stayed right here to the very end I send hugs from my pleasantly warm and almost sunny part of blogland! x

18 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards but love the one with the balloon in the tree-quite cool and cloudy here!
Carol x

Aquarius said...

What is it about us and all the NBUS we acquire eh??? I do like my stamps and/or dies to be versatile and I see what you mean about the edger balloon card but as you say a good way to make a quick card - an edger is an edger though, no getting away from that. Clever use of one of balloons along with the stamps to make the second card.

Brenda in IN said...

It would be hard to use the edger die for things other than balloons. Maybe stepping stones if you turned it to the bottom? It is a pretty card and I love having the balloon stuck in the tree on the second card. That is unique and so clever.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Viv. It's not sunny here and not warm, but its not cold either and as it's not raining we used this morning for going for a walk with the Grandkids along the edge of the local Canal. It was great to get out.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two great cards Viv particularly love the little girl with the vibrant balloon...

Anne

Loll said...

Great work using an edger die differently, Viv. That would have taken some thought for me.:) I love the soft blue smooshing with the black edge - such wonderful contrast. And even more contrast with the black silhouette images and bright yellow balloon. Great work, my friend! xx

HilaryJane said...

I know what you mean about edger dies. I have several and rarely use them, but I love what you have done with this one. You have created wonderful contrast and I love how you have filled the white space with the splatters. Your second card is a very clever idea and that lovely yellow shiny balloon is gorgeous. Who wouldn't be upset to lose it in a tree? A great twofer xx

Darnell said...

I love the way your mind works, Viv! I have to say I am feeling enabled because of the way you've used that balloon edger die. It really does make a festive card quickly. I love the smooching and schplattering and the way you backed the balloons with black to really make them, er, pop. I hope not! And, wow, you are too clever by half to dream up the scene in your second design using one of the balloons, all glossified! It is awesome! Even if the balloon might be too big for the little girl, there is still a story. Perhaps she is thinking, "Thank goodness I can't reach it, or I would be carried off, so I will just wave goodbye!" I love your soft grass and sky and your sediment is one of my favorites! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #35! I hope you have another pleasantly warm day tomorrow! Hugs, Darnell

Sally H said...

Two really beautiful cards, Viv! Love how you used the balloon edger die! Really lovely card. I also love the second one. Fabulous!

Kathleen said...

Two really super cards, great designs and images, the balloon in the tree really made me laugh.

Kath x

Liz said...

Two great cards, Viv. Very clever to use one of the balloons from the edger die cut in your lovely scene. xx

Bonnie said...

I love the feeling of motion in the second card, Viv! I can almost hear the wind blowing! What a great idea! The border of balloons is so pretty and the balloons show beautifully against the black strip! I think you'll get lots of use from this die! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

TK said...

Kudos for using your NBUS and another for using that die two ways!!! Hard to do, and yet you've done it well as both cards are terrific

Mac Mable said...

The edger balloon die cut really looks wonderful on your birthday card Viv x. Fun idea to isolate one of them for your second and fabulous card. I really love your scene making and what a striking card x. Wild weather here today x.

Sarn said...

Both cards are superb Viv.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Anita in France said...

Such a delicious shade for your edger balloons, Viv ... they really pop against the black ... and make for such a celebratory birthday card! The scene of a breezy day has such a different feel to it ... it's dreamy and drifty ... and having the balloon blown into the tree branches gives it such great movement, mimicking the little girl image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two fab cards. The balloon die looks great on the first one and I love the Banks image on the second. I have the same image by Inkylicious and I haven’t used it for ages, so must get it out and get it inked up x

Ros Crawford said...

Both are fabulous but that little girl has my heart... Adorable!