Saturday 16 July 2022

Christmas in July

I've managed to ignore the roasting temperatures and pretend that it's cold and snowy whilst doing this month's card for CAS Christmas!

The challenge theme is 'Santa'.

I have just 3 Santa stamps and this is one of them - it was a freebie many moons ago and I think it's likely this is the first time it's seen ink.
Santa and his reindeer actually have a large moon round them but I didn't want the moon that big so carefully removed the ink before stamping.
Ink blended background using a coin for my moon mask.                           
The snow drifts were done using a mask and Shaded Lilac ink.

Other stamps are Lavinia (Bunny), Inkylicious (Large Tree) and Cardio (small trees and twigs).
Sentiment is another mag freebie.

Another card for the Christmas Box!

There's a few other Christmas themed challenges about so am linking up at -

HLS CAS
- Christmas
MIUCB - A/Goes option of CAS
Sweet Stampers - Christmas In July
ABC Christmas - O is for Old (my Santa and sentiment stamps)

Thanks for looking! x

      

16 comments:

Carole said...

Super duper...just my kinda christmas card Viv...love it! You have done brilliant colouring and stamping to create your magical scene.xx

Christine Alexander said...

love your blended background and that cute little hare looking at Santa. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas♥

Aquarius said...

Beautiful Christmas scene and the sentiment is just right as well. Certainly lots of Christmas in July challenges out there

Bonnie said...

You've created a perfect scene for Santa to fly through, Viv! Your ink blending and snowbanks are perfect and I love the little bunny checking out the sky! Thanks so much for the beautiful birthday card, my friend! I love that golden dragonfly!

Inkyfingers said...

There is something mystical about this beautiful image, Viv and you have created the scene beautifully. I love the subtle pinks and blues in the snow and how you have set the scene on the side of the card. Such a classy design.
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful scenic Christmas card Viv and love the design..

Anne

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous sky and beautiful winter scene, Viv! Your stamping and shading details make this card very special! I love the font on your sentiment, too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas! xx

Julie B said...

I hope it did cool you down, must admit to be holed up in my darkened craft room as the temps hit 30'at the moment trying to find non energetic things to do!!! Great masking and stamping for this fab Christmas card and thanks for linking it up at HLS CAS. :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful scene Viv.

Sue xx

AlisonC said...

Beautiful blending, a gorgeous cas card. x

HilaryJane said...

you have created a wonderful little scene with those stamps, I love it xx

Sue - said...

I’m impressed you managed to ignore the heat and craft! Gorgeous Christmas card!

Loll said...

LOVE your winter sky with Santa and the reindeer flying by, illuminated by the moon. Fabulous design Viv! xx

BrendaB said...

I love that little bunny looking up at Santa! Great card!

Heike said...

Eine wundervolle Karte und eine tolle Szene. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
Heike

BożenA said...

A magical winter scene! I love every detail, this card is just complete. A great entry to our challenge. Thank you for sharing this lovely card in our HLS CAS gallery.
BożenA xx