Tuesday 19 July 2022

Vellum Reverse Stamping

Whilst it has been too hot to do anything (well too hot for me anyway) I took my fan, positioned it 2 inches away and sat at the craftie space desk!

I have been meaning to have a go at this technique and this week Chrissie gave me the nudge that I needed!

It's a technique which has endless possibilities using different colours and stamps and creates really pretty effects - it's not complicated either - so my type of technique......😄

White heat emboss one side of the vellum with whatever stamp you like - I used two single leaf stamps here.

Once the embossing has cooled, turn it over and using the same stamp(s) pick a colour and simply stamp again.

I took a bit of a risk and used Distress Oxide for my reverse stamping (Barn Door) but I did let it dry overnight before assembling it behind the frames.
I heaved a huge sigh of relief when it didn't smudge and had dried completely.

I used linen textured card throughout but it doesn't show up in the pic!

Chrissie has done a video tutorial and you will see her step by step and her lovely finished examples here -
Fabulous Vellum Backgrounds 

Thanks for looking!

I shall be doing more of this reverse stamping on vellum I think!

17 comments:

Aquarius said...

Well this is a new technique to me and I've just watched the tutorial so something to try for a change. Your card is lovely. Thanks for the link

Brenda in IN said...

This is gorgeous. I love that stamp and I'm off to watch the video. Thanks for sharing this, Viv.

AlisonC said...

This is so beautiful and a clever idea. I saw that card she posted. You've achieved such a delicate and pretty look. And yes, I am much more sensible about what I collect in my stash now and what I might actually use. x

HilaryJane said...

This is a great technique Viv, I have seen Chrissie's version and video too. I am going to have to try it sometime too. It is too hot for me in my craft room at the moment so I had to decamp downstairs where we have tried to keep it cooler, but not really succeeding! Love your example of the technique, I think the barn door works really well with the white. Great job xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card and sounds like a great technique with a beautiful result
Carol x

Liz said...

This is a new technique to me and the effect is stunning. Absolutely beautiful card, Viv. xx

Christine Alexander said...

What a beautiful effect and love the pop of red on white. Looks like a great technique xx

Sue - said...

Another new technique for me to try! Absolutely beautiful card Viv!

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Viv! You make me want to try this technique. Stay cool!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Viv. What a fantastic technique. I will definitely be giving this a try. I love your combination of white with barn door. So fresh looking. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Viv. I've not seen this technique before but will be giving it a go shortly.

Sue xx

TK said...

This is really pretty, Viv! Love the technique and your card is perfect

Carole said...

oooh not seen this technique before Viv. You have made a lovely card with your two tone stamped vellum. I like how you have framed the panels. In fact with maybe a holly stamp......Christmas? xx

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Viv, love the dainty images you used and the red really makes the white image pop!

Darnell said...

This is a brilliant design using the double-worked vellum technique, Vivalicious! I just love the two window composition. Thank you for sending me off to Chrissie's where I watched her video. You have both inspired me to want to do this! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs.B said...

This looks a great technique Viv, love the red against the white.
Avril xx

Pia S said...

This is a technique I haven’t heard of before, it’s clever and I love the outcome. Definitely needs to go on my to do list.