Saturday 23 July 2022

Sandy

 
Sometimes a card never turns out as well as it looks in your head - and this was one of them - Hey Ho!

This Sizzix embossing folder is an old one but it is one of my most well used.

(If you have a look HERE I used it with alco inks and embossing powder.)

The reverse side of the folder for some reason reminded me of the random way the sea fans out when running to the shoreline - Which is a bit odd and shows how my mind works considering it's supposed to be a folder depicting shattered glass!

But undeterred I carried on with my 'vision' - 😄 and despite now looking at it for a few days am still not sure if it works or not......

Some ink blending in shades varying from the Salty Ocean blue to the Scattered Straw sand and I stamped and fussy cut a little starfish and a shell.

The sentiment may be from Penny Black (not sure!)

Despite it not looking how I imagined it (!) I am still going to link up at

CYHTP - Beach
Let's Squash It - Keep it Simple
Inkspirational - Photo prompt
Thanks for looking - appreciate you coming to visit and if you have left a comment than you again! x

PS - If you are visiting from the CAS Facebook group to see the Vellum card please scroll down to the previous post!

19 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

What fabulous colours Viv just love your embossing folder..

Anne

Aquarius said...

I'm sure this great E/F is open to many interpretations and it works for me. This card certainly has the right colours and look of sea and sand. Love the sentiment too.

Brenda in IN said...

I have to grin at this because not one of the cards I've ever made came out like I envisioned. It's always a surprise and not always a welcome one! This is awesome and your vision was right on. The sky and sand look great and this has such a beachy feel to it. It may have come out better than you imagined.

Loll said...

This card is so amazing Viv! I love the blended inks and your amazing embossing. I think it's a very striking beach card, my friend. xx

Liz said...

Love the design of your card Viv, with the sea blending into the sand. Great embossing and a lovely sentiment. xx

Carol L said...

Trust me, it works! This turned out beautiful, and when you described your vision, I can see it clearly in the way you created this card! Great use of that embossing folder (in both interpretations) and this one is very cooling and relaxing to me as we're currently in a heat wave where we live!

Bonnie said...

This embossing makes it look like the ocean floor to me, Viv! Awesome!

Christine Alexander said...

Viv, I love your beach scene and that embossing folder is perfect. Love it ♥

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

It might not have turned out how you thought Viv, but it's a gorgeous card and reminds me of the beach.

Sue xx

HilaryJane said...

I think that embossing folder works very well. In fact I am not really sure that I can see shattered glass in it. Wonderful ink blending and a great sentiment xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the way your card turned out. That EF is very unique, and I see why it makes you think of the way the sand looks like the way the sea fans out when running to the shoreline. You are thinking outside the box. I love the blending and the tiny shell die cuts too. Great sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure?.

Darlene said...

LOL ... I like that you look at your folders for more than what they were designed for ... I think this is GREAT!! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle the Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Pia S said...

I DO know what you nean, but since I don't have what you pictured in my mind I'm able to judge it more objectively, and there is nothing wrong with this design. Nicely blended colors and texture.

Jeanne H said...

Your shading and simple beach scene are just wonderful.

TK said...

Lovely card, and quite serene -- and I definitely see those waves pounding the shorline

Gail said...

Such a beautiful embossing folder and art work on it! Saw it at Let's Squash It

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Do you remember me? I’m a very bad blogger these days, so sorry that I’ve missed a few of your posts. This card is gorgeous and I love how you’ve blended the colours. Lots to see but still feels CAS. Have a great weekend x

ionabunny said...

One of my favourite embossing folders and it looks gorgeous as a maritime setting. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Marina said...

Beautiful blend of txture and colours - great beach feel. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.