Tuesday 12 July 2022

Magical

I was delighted to have been asked to contribute as a Guest Designer at Try It On Tuesday for their new challenge.

The challenge is set fortnightly and this time the theme is 'MAKE IT MAGICAL'.
My card is made using stamps from Lavinia and Inkylicious.

The background was blended using Stormy Sky at the bottom then graduating to Shaded Lilac for the 'hills'.

My sky was a mix of Spun Sugar and Shaded Lilac.

I resisted the temptation to keep adding flora and fauna in the blank space on the card as I didn't want to detract from our little man who was out for a stroll in his woodland home when he discovered this spotty flower - as with all naughty and curious boys he couldn't resist poking it with his finger!
 
The spots were dotted with a Posca pen and the fairy words stamped at the sides using Shaded Lilac DI.
I finished off with a few tiny white spatters concentrated towards the bottom of the card.

Thanks to the talented ladies at TIOT for having me and I hope you like my card!
Am sure they would love to see your magical creations in their link up too! x

17 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is stunning Viv, I like nothing better than a gorgeous scene made up of Lavinia stamps and I love this one.

Sue xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! You created so much beautiful detail and I love the sky with the lilac hills 😁. The whole scene is perfect and your naughtly fairy is adorable, I think I'd poke the spotty flower too ... ha, ha! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday as Guest Designer and for the fabulous inspiration! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

Carole said...

I LOVE this VIv...Your shading is superb and the little scene with its added touches is lovely. I wonder if the fairy thinks the flower will pop?..lol A fantastic make..xx

Helen said...

This is just so magical! LOVE your background and your fairy with her sparkly wings.. adorable! Thanks for being our Guest Designer!! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun and magical piece for certain. Thanks for being our host at Try It on Tuesday for this latest challenge. hugs-Erika

Aquarius said...

This is a really magical scene and the colours you've used are great. I love Lavinia stamps and you've certainly made excellent use of them here with the typical small boy being inquisitive.

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful sky and the hills are lovely, muted in the background. Youve created a wonderful scene.

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot and love the beautiful Magical scene and silhouette stamps
Carol x

Loll said...

This is truly magical, Viv! I love the soft colours of spun sugar and shaded lilac. Your dreamy moon and hillside make the perfect backdrop for your silhouette garden. The little angel is so sweet reaching out to touch the flower. Congrats on your Guest Designing spot, you have done amazing work! xx

Joan said...

This is lovely Viv, I love the little man! It’s lovely to have you along as guest designer

Joan xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful and magical page Viv, its lovely to have you as our Guest for this theme at TioT's.
Yvonne xx

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on you Guest Designer post, Viv! And what an awesome scene you've created with the little boy poking the flower! It certainly is a magical scene!

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Viv, love your little magical scene ♥

Sarn said...

Congrats on your GD spot. You’ve made a wonderful and magical scene here. Xxx

Sue - said...

A truly magical card Viv. I know the feeling about the temptation to continue adding foliage, the trick is to know when to stop and you got it just right.

TK said...

Really pretty, just love the magical feel of the whole card, Viv!

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous card Viv, love the misty morning scene you created with the soft shading in the sky.
(Sorry this is a tad late - Covid, despite 3 jabs)
It's great to see you as our Guest Designer at TioT.
Avril xx