Tuesday 2 May 2023

April Card Chain Challenge Reveal!

This is reveal day for our April Card Chain Challenge and as it's also launch date for our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday this is the first of 2 posts from me today!

This month I am feeling very pleased with myself as I had a go at replicating the sketch AND the colour combo (- very daring for me as I actually find following sketches quite difficult) and also used the Friendship theme. Not often I manage to do more than one thing!

I love this Altenew Wallpaper Art stamp set even though the flowers are quite big but they are beautiful.

I don't though have the matching dies so this involved an awful lot of fussy cutting.

The colour combo was charcoal, lime and bumblebee so I used Altenew Pure Graphite ink on the flower and the big leaves the coloured with Nuvo Watercolour 'Willow Green' which is the nearest I could match to.

Bumblebee proved a little bit trickier as I tried a couple of yellows for the flower centre and they all looked wishy washy and almost the same as the lime! In the end I went for a Promarker (Canary) and brushed over a teeny bit of yellow Wink of Stella - doesn't show up very well in the pic either!

Stamped the sentiment and decided instead of 'drops' to do a bit of spattering... got a teeny bit carried away I think!

My card flew off to to Gail in Norway and this month a big thank you to my friend Hilary who sent me a beautiful card and some gorgeous foiling!
There's still time to join in the May challenge - pop over to the blog and sign up!
Thanks for looking today - hope you'll check out my DT post for TIOT as well and maybe link up there too! x
Sharing my flower over at
MMM - Flowers
Crafting Happiness - Flowers

12 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great job - managing to include all the elements of the challenge in this lovely card. Very neat fussy cutting which must have taken an age and I love the splatters, which just seem to finish it off nicely

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Viv. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who struggles to follow a sketch.

Sue xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - gorgeous take on the sketch and colors, Viv - love your big flower & your fussy cutting looks amazing!!

HilaryJane said...

I think you have done yourself proud this month Viv. Your card is amazing. I am the same with following sketches, it actually seems to seize me up and I can't think of anything to do, so I know how you feel. You definitely cracked it this time though and those splatters are amazing. Glad you like my card and all the foiling xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the beautiful flower and splatters
Carol x

Bonnie said...

I LOVE how you interpreted the sketch, Viv! And that flower is so pretty! I think you did just the right amount of splatters!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful colour combo on the flower ♥

papierelle said...

Wow!!! Is it possible to implement the sketch and the color specification more perfectly? A really impressive card!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Viv and your fussy cutting is brilliant...love the design and colours

Anne

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous floral card Viv... love how you used the CCC elements

Pat said...

This softly shaded flower and leaves stands out wonderfully well against the black and white background Viv, and a lovely added sentiment and spattering to finish, and no wonder you love that Altenew image as it is a real beauty. x

AlisonC said...

Also I have trouble with sketches. I think you've nailed it here. The colours are gorgeous on this beautiful flower.