Tuesday 2 May 2023

Try it on Tuesday - Use a Stencil

Onto our next challenge at Try It On Tuesday!
(As promised here is the second post from me today - If you are here from the Card Chain Challenge April Reveal link post please just scroll down to the previous post!)
This time at TIOT we want you to 'Use A Stencil' - that's it - plain and simple use a stencil in anyway you want!

I did a simple technique called 'Double Stenciling' for this card.

My background stencil was inked with Antique Linen.

To my shame this Sweet Poppy (along with a couple of others)bought some time ago has never been used. 😞
I don't know why cos I really like it!

Leaving my background stencil in place, I put the poppy field stencil on top and blended the flower heads Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber.

I then removed the background stencil and put the poppy one on top lining it back up, then used the same colours over the top.

This gives a shaded effect where the stencils all overlap and you can see the background stencil on the flower heads. Quite like it!

A little bit of Bundled Sage for the stems and a triple die cut sentiment to finish .

Please have a look at the DT makes over on the blog - lots of lovely ideas and am looking forward to seeing your stencil makes too! x
Sharing over at
Crafting Happiness - Flowers
Make My Monday - Flowers
Stencil Fun - Flowers
NBUS - My stencil!


25 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love these layered Poppies, especially the way you created the shaded effect. It's a beautiful card Viv. Imagine having stencils you haven't used - who else might do that?!? Hugs, Chrisx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful stencils that you've used here Viv, I love the card and the colours you've used.

Sue xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love the double stenciling Viv. It works great, and your card looks amazing. I have some of those unused inks too. Isn't it funny when you actually use them how much you like them? Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! I love your design and the double stencilling technique that you used - amazing 😊. Wishing you a very Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

Beautiful stencil work Viv! Love that subtle background for your poppies! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

HilaryJane said...

This is so lovely. Using the stencils on top of each other is not something I have done before. You have made it work so well. Great colours too. I hope you use that stencil again soon xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and colourful stencilled flowers
carol x

Joan said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the double stencilling


Joan

Bonnie said...

Beautiful flowers and I love the depth of color and the subtle background! Wow!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful combination of stencils, love the soft antique linen background and the pretty row of poppies ♥

Darnell said...

You know I'm loving your pretty poppy design, Vivalicious, seeing as how it's our State Flower! That two-step stencil adds a ton of interest! It would be great to see this in the gallery at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

Sarn said...

Fab stencilling Viv. This is a lovely floral card in zingy spring/summer colours xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv, lovely colours and I love the stencil background

Anne

Diane said...

Wow, this is creatively awesome!! So pretty and love the happy colors!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

meg said...

A beautiful stencilled card,the colours are gorgeous,thank you for joining in at MMM

Pia S said...

Using 2 stencils on top of eachother is such a great idea, I've never thought of doing that. The result is beautiful!!

Ina G said...

Such pretty colourful poppies Viv. Love the soft stencilled background.

Meggymay said...

I love this background stencil you used Viv, its a beautiful card.
Yvonne xx

Darnell said...

Mwah!!

Pat said...

Those two stencils work brilliantly together Viv, and I love the citrus tones on the flowers, and the swirly background pattern comes through beautifully on the flowers...such a great idea. x

Mrs.B said...

I's a lovely card Viv and your double stencilling works so well, love the shading and gorgeous colours.
Avril xx

JoAnn said...

Love the pretty row of colorful flowers. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Aquarius said...

Great work with the double stencilling

AlisonC said...

I've never thought of using a stencil over a stencil but it's very effective. I like the subtle patterns.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

The flowers are so playful and fun! Cute card! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!