Tuesday 16 May 2023

Keep It Simple at Try It On Tuesday

For the next two weeks our challenge theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Keep It Simple'.
So a CAS card from me!


I smooshed a bit of watercolour card across some watery Mowed Lawn DI. One of my better results I thought!

Cut out with a stitched die and stamped some bamboo at one side. The bamboo stamp is years old and I think it's from Choc Baroque.

Added a thin stitched die frame on top as an experiment - didn't glue it at first!

I love Ginko leaves so when Inkylicious brought this set out I had to have it.  Stamped and fussy cut and then arranged them inside and outside the thin frame before glueing it all in place.

I was going to add another ginko on the top right but remembered I had a chinese writing stamp and a little bit of the smooshed piece left so used it up.

Finished it all off with a couple of little citrus green dots, using a bigger one to hide the overlap of the offcut bits!
For this make I used linen textured cardstock to give the background some interest.

Please go visit the challenge blog and see what the rest of the team have come up with this time!
Hope you can join us too and thanks for looking today. x

20 comments:

Helen said...

Just stunning! Love the soft green for those florals!!! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card love the soft green and beautiful ginko leaves
Carol x

Glennis F said...

Amazing card Viv, I love the colour, so clean and fresh

Carole said...

Love this Viv...so fresh and pretty and very stylish. Love those Ginko leaves....in fact I love it all! xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such an amazing card! Loving the green and white colour palette, it cam together so beautifully 😊. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Joan said...

This is so elegant Viv! love it


Joan x

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous card - there is just something about gingko leaves, I like them too although no idea why.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Viv, I love the shade of green you've used.

Sue xx

Meggymay said...

I love how you used shades of green for this beautiful card Viv, a lovely design and great inspiration.
Yvonne xx

Christine Alexander said...

our local park has some Gingko trees, the leaves are so beautiful. Love simplicity of the green on green ♥

Sarn said...

WOW that’s a stunning card Viv. Love the green and the GB leaves. The additional touch of Chinese writing strips and the bamboo stamping, plus the frame really finish it off nicely. Great layout.
Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Caty said...

This is an amazing card Viv ! The flowers are really lovely, and beautiful colours and design.
I wish you a great Friday and weekend
Big hugs, Caty

Loll said...

Love all these elements in this CAS design, Viv! The design is so fresh and vibrant with the green and white. xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love how you made this beautiful card Viv. Green and white are so good together, hugs Chrisx

Mrs A. said...

Tis beautiful Viv. Love the use of the offcut strips and using the writing stamp on them. I am on a mission to use up all my stips of paper. Going to take rather a long time methinks. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful smooshed background and so perfect with these ginkgo leaves!

Mrs.B said...

Stunning, love the fresh greens against the white card.
Avril xx

HilaryJane said...

Hi Viv, somehow I missed this one, must have been while I was away, but here I am now. I just love that green and wonderful smooched background xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Viv..love the colours and design....


Anne

Pia S said...

This feels so fresh and clean, with the green and white elements cleverly put together.