Thursday 25 May 2023

Is this happening to anyone else? EDITED - THANKS TO GUNDI!

 The annoying mystery has been solved. A big thank you to Gundi (Paperielle) for her answer and it all becomes clear now - it's not my posts at all which violate anything - it's the links in my blog post!
Here's Gundi's reply for anyone else who has (or may have in the future) received messages from Blogger (and it is more likely if you have been blogging for a long time)
Hi Viv,
I got emails like this from Blogger too. Then my son helped me. He said there are links in my posts to sites that no longer exist. I checked and it really was. But I didn't feel like deleting all those links, so I deleted all the posts in question. They were all posts that I had written 8 to 10 years ago, so deleting them didn't hurt that much. I hope I could help you. Gundi

Over the last couple of days I have received e mails from Blogger saying
"This post was unpublished because it violates Blogger Community Guidelines. To republish, please update the content to adhere to guidelines"
Today at the top of my Posts Page the same thing - yet it doesn't say which post!
Having read the Community Guidelines I am a little at a loss to see what violation has been done anyway as my blog has been in existence since 2008 and the only thing I have shared on it has been my art work!
I am not very impressed that these things are just deleted without any prior warning - particularly as at the moment the posts are really old ones dating back since 2010.
Is this happening to anyone else?
How do I stop it?

12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I haven't had any problems recently, but a while back I had a post that didn't publish because of something. I didn't know what and ended up deleting and re writing the post. A few weeks ago I did have a problem with comments not coming through and comments from years ago going into spam. That seems to have sorted itself now though xx

papierelle said...

Hi Viv,
I got emails like this from Blogger too. Then my son helped me. He said there are links in my posts to sites that no longer exist. I checked and it really was. But I didn't feel like deleting all those links, so I deleted all the posts in question. They were all posts that I had written 8 to 10 years ago, so deleting them didn't hurt that much. I hope I could help you. Gundi

Aquarius said...

A complete mystery but annoying. Sorry I don't know what to suggest

crafty-stamper said...

Glad to see you got it sorted
Carol x

Aquarius said...

Mystery solved - makes sense and so easy when you know how ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰. Thanks for the update - worth remembering. Have a good weekend

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

How annoying, but at least the mystery has been solved and it's handy to know that in the future (should I have any similar problems).

Suexx

Christine Alexander said...

Good to know, thank you for posting ♥

LesleyG said...

Thanks for posting this, hasn’t happened to me yet, but great advice for us all xxx

Pia S said...

Thanks for sharing, I have had one post with this notice, and it was an old one.

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Viv! I received such an email and had 13 posts deleted by Blogger last week! I'm grateful to Bonnie K. for sending me to you, and to Gundi for her explanation. Like you, I am mightily upset that they didn't give us a chance to delete the links in question before just deleting the posts! Yes, those deleted posts were old - but I still reference even the old posts on occasion!
If you do have luck stopping this from happening, would you mind letting me know?
Thanks so much!
=] Michele

I Card Everyone said...

I'm back... I just found all the posts they had unpublished! You will find yours in the drop-down under 'drafts.' I decided to edit my posts removing all the links! It didn't take much time at all!
Hope this helps!
=]

Mrs.B said...

Hi Viv, I've just seen this - I've had the same problem, couldn't understand why but I just changed the post title and it was reinstated.
Avril xx