Tuesday 22 August 2023

Let's Go Outside at Try It On Tuesday

Our latest challenge at Try It On Tuesday is called 'Let's Go Outside'.

Lots of interpretations for this one and look forward to seeing what the challenge prompt means to you!

I love the Sea.
I live in a pretty rural area but we're literally 10 minutes away from the coast so I have the best of both worlds.

Here's my make. The two girls are a stamp from Crafty Individuals and the boat is from Card-io.

I had it in my head that these two girls (sisters/friends) were just seeking solace at the water's edge, dreaming of escaping to some magical place aboard the boat!
(I know - fanciful imagination I have!)

I also got to try out one of the waves stamps from Inkylicious (which I bought and then forgot I had them!)

Just lots of ink blending and heat embossing and I fussy cut the girls to make them stand out a bit more.

This was one of those makes that I was (and still am ) undecided about as I think I maybe got the perspective askew - maybe the sea should have been less and the beach and sky more??? Just call me undecided!
Hey ho, it's done now!

Hope you can find time to join us for this challenge - we welcome all types of crafting, not just cards!
And please pop over to the challenge blog and have a look at the rest of the DT's makes - we love visitors!
Happy Crafting! x

22 comments:

Aquarius said...

A lovely scene - certainly doesn't seem to be out of proportion to my eye. It's beautifully peaceful.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful scene Viv, I love the Sister/friend and the wonderful sea stamp.

Sue xx

Pat said...

Another terrific scene and I love the wonderful vivid sky as the sun is setting, and the wave stamping is tremendous Viv..sweet little boat too and the two girls are delightful enjoying an evening paddle..and a great sentiment to finish. x

My name is Erika. said...

You are even luckier than me because I’m closer to an hour away from from the sea. But I still make it work and go there because like you, I love it. Gorgeous card by the way. Hope all is well. Hugs Erika

Carole said...

lovely card Viv...oh how I wish could see the sea! I think your waves are amazing and have so much movement to them.xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning scene-fabulous sky and the sea looks AMAZING!!!
Carol x

Joan said...

It’s a fab card Viv, the colours are lovely


Joan x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful beach scene Viv, lovely card...I've just bought the Inkylicious stamp but not had time to play with it yet

Anne

HilaryJane said...

i think you have created the most amazing scent and what a fabulous sky. The sea looks very special too. You should be pleased not undecided, but I do know how you feel as that is often how I feel about my cards xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's fabulous Viv! I would love to see a sunset like that. We are thinking of going up to Morecambe tomorrow - memories of staying at our caravan but we won't be staying until sun setting time, hugs, Chrisx

Christine Alexander said...

sweet little beach scene, the perspective is perfect.
sorry I haven't been around recently. We just got back from a 2 week vacation visiting family and friends in Easter Canada xx

Pia S said...

This is a lovely card! Fantastic colors, great proportions and I do love the realistic look of those waves coming in on the shore...

Sarn said...

I agree with Aquarius’s comment above.
LOVE your wave stamps. Very effective. Great card xxx

TK said...

Pretty scene and card, and I think your perspective is great -- your perspective is just close to the tideline, not back up the beach!

Meggymay said...

This sure is a scene to use the imagination, I love the sunset you created and the sea. A fantastic card Viv.
Yvonne x

Loll said...

Gorgeous beach scene Viv!! I'd say you got the perspective just right, my friend. I LOVE all the waves of the ocean ... and that gorgeous sunset with amazing colours. Great card! xx

Trina P. said...

Sweet beach scene and so beautifully creative. Perspective is perfect to me!

Mrs.B said...

It's a beautiful scene Viv, love the fiery sunset. Love the wave effect with that stamp.
Avril xx

Di said...

WOW Viv - this is gorgeous and absolutely in perspective. We really are our own worst critics aren't we. A lovely scene.

Hugs
Di xx

Bonnie said...

Viv, don't question it. This is perfect! Wonderful sky & sea and the sisters/friends are just right! I'd like to be right there with them. Thanks so much for the warm welcome at Try it on Tuesday!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Viv this is a beautiful scene one everyone will relate to. Loving the blending in your background, the inkylicious sea stamp is a real work horse in my stash. What an inspirational design, thank you for sharing.
Happy crafting Tracey x

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! And just look at that wave stamp... A must have item! Jo x