Wednesday 2 August 2023

July Card Chain Challenge Reveal

I sent my card to my lovely blogging friend Hilary this month and received one from Marianne in Greece!.
When I saw the sign up post at Card Chain Challenge I knew straight away that this month I wouldn't be following the colour option like normal - one of the themes tied right in with a NBUS purchase.
Some time back I bought several 'sea/ocean' themed stamps from Lavinia - and have been slowly adding to the collection so the 'Fishes' theme was perfect for me to use 'Flo' (she's the big fish! I already had the smaller one)

Flo and her smaller versions were stamped with Versafine Clair Monarch ink, as were the Sea Urchins.
I masked them off and then built up the background with Distress Oxides Mermaid Lagoon, Bundled Sage, Salty Ocean and spattered with water. I love the way Oxides react with water!

Lots of foliage stamping followed, using more stamps from the Lavinia collection in Versafine Clair Shady Lane, Verdant and Monarch and once dry I removed the masks and water coloured the Sea Urchins.

Stamping was finished with the bubbles in Versacolour Turquoise and the sentiment in Monarch.
Flo and entourage were given a liberal helping of yellow Wink of Stella, and I used clear Wink of Stella on the Urchins too so it does have a bit of a shimmery look in real life!

There's still time to sign up if you fancy joining in!
Sharing over at
NBUS #53
Use Your Stuff
- 3 Item Cluster (my 3 fish!)
ATS+M - Make your Mark

20 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful underwater scene Viv your background colours are stunning and those black and yellow fish really stand out

Anne

Aquarius said...

A truly beautiful underwater scene - impressive😉. I've not been tempted to acquire any of the underwater stamps from Lavinia ... so far anyway, but that could change 😄

Dotty Jo said...

This is a stunner, Viv, and no mistake! Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Angelnorth said...

Love the sense of dimension on those fish, they look really vibrant, beautiful background too — gorgeous card Viv!

AlisonC said...

So beautiful, I love the colours and all the details you've added. It looks magical. x

Carole said...

This is a stunner of a card Viv...I LOVE IT! ...my sort of colours too. xx

HilaryJane said...

I have to say that this card is truly stunning. It looks amazing in the photo but it is even better in real life. It shall be sitting on my shelf for a while yet as I am not going to get tired of it any time soon. Thanks Viv xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my goodness, Viv - what an oceanic masterpiece!! Just love your vibrant colors and gorgeous background - lucky Hilary!!

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness what hole in the sand has my head been stuck down that I did not know about these stamps. I want/need them asap. Your card show cases them all off perfectly. Love your background.Hugs Mrs A.

Arlene said...

WOW, the colors on those fish just pop! - in a GOOD way. What a beauty with a perfect sentiment too.

Sarn said...

Fintastic card!!!!!
Glorious background stamping and inking for the fish and urchins. Love it xxx

papierelle said...

A beautiful and colorful underwater world!!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW that looks amazing love all the stamps and fabulous background.
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

Wow Viv! LOVE the colors of your sea urchins which are also reflected in the ocean they are in surrounded by the flora - beautiful fish too! Julia xx

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Gorgeous card! I absolutely love the colors and the vackground!

Brenda in IN said...

This is the most stunning underwater scene. Just beautiful and the fish are so lovely.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful sea scene, Viv! Love all the colors and those fantastic fish! Great sentiment too! What a delight to receive this!

Darnell said...

Wow, Viva, you have made Flo and friends the envy of Ocean Town! What a sensational underwater home they have and the colors are simply perfect. I'll bet Hilary will keep this one on display! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Pat said...

These Lavinia fish are beautiful Viv and stamped in black with the added yellow they really pop, and what a fabulous undersea scene with all the foliage and the colourful sea urchins and a super sentiment..just adorable! x

dj said...

I am loving your new addition to your fish stamp collection...Flo and her matching fishes are fantastic. You have created a gorgeous under the water scene here!!