Tuesday 15 August 2023

TIOT - Mid Way reminder!

We're halfway through this fortnight's challenge at Try It On Tuesday where our theme is 'Sing A Song'
After being unable to get the last song out of my head (see post below) for a few days, I now have another one which is becoming equally as annoying! (particularly as I can only remember about two lines!)


Anyway here's my share based on the song by The Waterboys called 'Whole of the Moon'.

On seeing a Lavinia tutorial (thanks Jo) using Brilliance Inks direct to black card it surprised me just how effective the end result was so I had a go myself.
Out came the foliage stamps and the Brilliance inks - I used Cosmic Copper, Galaxy Gold and Platinum Planet for the foliage and Moonlight White (what else?!!) for the moon.

A little sponging with the white once the stamping was dry at the bottom and dragged across the top half to make a few cloudy bits and then a little spattering with a Posca pen.

I then ran the copper ink round the edge to finish it off.

The inks really do have a lovely shimmer  which the photo doesn't capture very well - it's subtle and not in your face like glitter and I rather like it!

Hope you like it too and maybe if you've not thought about joining us this time round you'll change your mind and link up to the challenge blog!
Thanks for looking and have a great day whatever you're doing! x

12 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous night time scene Viv, your moon is stunning.

Sue xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I LOVE that song Viv - the way it builds as it goes along and how sad it is. Your card is absolutely stunning with that huge moon in the star spangled sky and all the shimmering foliage. *puts Brilliance inks onto wish list and checks empty purse* Vicky x

Aquarius said...

This is beautiful and certainly maies me want to unearth my Brilliance ink pads which I have to admit haven't seen the light of day for some time. Hope they still work 😉

HilaryJane said...

This is stunning, love it xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and brilliant moon,love the effect of the inks against the black background
Carol x

Carole said...

Beautiful!...love your moon. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

You've created a Beautiful night scene Viv...haven't used my brilliance pads for a very long time..thank you for the inspiration.

Anne

Bonnie said...

The stamping really stands out against the black background and I'm sure it has a lovely shimmer! That moon is AWESOME! It has me humming "By the Light of the silvery moon".

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Viv, love the effects of these inks on the black, I saw the tutorial and it's something I want to try, even more so after seeing this.
Avril xx

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, I love this look of the foliage on your card. Your moon looks so authentic and brilliant. I'm going to see if I can find that video that inspired your great card, Viv. Thanks for sharing.

Sarn said...

Wow - this is a stunner. I absolutely LOVE this card X

Pat said...

I do have gold, silver and white Brilliance inks but not that pretty copper colour which looks great for the cow parsley, and the foxgloves and other foliage looks lovely in the gold and platinum, and that large moon with just a little shading looks excellent and the spattering makes a wonderful starry sky..an absolutely brilliant scene Viv!!