Saturday 5 August 2023

Guest Designer - Fairy and Unicorn Challenge Blog

 I was delighted to have been selected as the winner for a recent challenge over at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge Blog - (winning card is here if you've not seen it!) and was invited to be their Guest Designer for this month.

I have a bit of an Ocean thing going on at the mo and fortunately the challenge blogs'  challenges are always 'Anything Fantasy Goes'  so whilst I had all the necessary colours out on the desk (from my previous card!) I used them!

It's called       
'There's More Than One of ME??'
as Zelith and her fishy friends discover she is not the only Mermaid in the ocean and now she has someone else to swim with - if she can catch her up!

I intend to frame this eventually hence it has been left blank of any greeting. I may (or may not) add something (perhaps a small seahorse or jelly fish) to the top right before framing it!

Lots of inky blending and spattering and stamping (as my blue and green fingers will testify to!).

I used Versamagic Ocean Depth, Versafine Clair Verdant and Warm Breeze for all the sea foliage, bubbles, tiny fish etc and Nocturne for the main images.

I coloured Zelith with Oxides Twisted Citron and Salty Ocean then liberally applied Blue and Green Wink of Stella pens.
The tail of her new found friend was coloured in Picked Raspberry and Cracked Pistachio and I used Candyfloss Stickles and green Wink of Stella.

No self respecting mermaid can be seen without lots of sparkle and shimmer can they so liberal helpings of both. I was really pleased with how this turned out - but - as with all things blingy it was a bit of an effort to get a decent pic!
All stamps are of course Lavinia.

Thanks to Fairy and Unicorn for inviting me and thanks to you for looking!

14 comments:

Aquarius said...

Congratulations on your guest designer spot. This is so beautiful and really worthy of being framed. Great colour choices which have been beautifully blended and stamped. I can well imagine the glimmer effect when seen for real.

Carole said...

Congratulations Viv on your guest designer spot. Your card here is so amazing I think you should be on the Lavinia design team. Your colours are superb..what more can I say...fabulous piece of art so worthy of a frame. xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful! Cathy x

HilaryJane said...

I am not at all surprised that you won your GD spot with that fabulous card. This one is different but just as good. Another of your fabulous inky backgrounds. You have created such depth and interest and I love the sparkle on the mermaids. It deserves to be framed and needs nothing else as far as I am concerned xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Viv, what an amazing underwater scene. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations on your GD spot -love the fabulous underwater background and beautiful sparkly Mermaid
Carol x

Joan said...

Fabulous piece of art Viv, love the sparkle and beautiful colours



Joan x

Stamps and Paper said...

Congrats on your DT spot Viv....such a beautiful uder water scene the colours are amazing...

Anne

Brenda in IN said...

I can see why you want to frame this work of art. You really have a way with underwater scenes and this is stunning. I get the feeling of movement with this card so well. Great job, Viv.

Sarn said...

Congrats on your win and GDT spot. This card is beautiful- I can just imagine the bling IRL xxx

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win, Viv! I'm not at all surprised! You have another winner here with this fabulous seascape and the sweet mermaid chasing her friend! It definitely should be framed, my friend!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Viv, this is such a magical scene and it will look beautiful once you've put in a frame. I don't very often put sentiments on my Lavinia cards as I know from make cards for people in the past that they have ended up in frames.

Sue xx

Pat said...

Another wonderful scene with the mermaid and friend Viv and the shimmer and shine is fantastic..this will look beautiful in a frame, and congratulations on being Guest Designer over at Fairy and Unicorn Challenge blog. x

BAstelfeti said...

Aw, a cool Card.She is so beautiful.

Greetings BAstelfeti