Friday 27 October 2023

Home for Autumn!

 

It's been a very dull grey misty morning here and it generally feels damp - the leaves on my Birch tree have changed colour and are now falling -  I think Winter is on it's way!

Another Lavinia to share - (and having needed to do a couple of new homes cards for my own stash and unable to come up with something a bit out of the ordinary, I turned as always to Pinterest).

This is a large slimline card and I really like these cottage and lodge stamps 'cos I can imagine them hidden away in the magical kingdom home to elves and pixies!

This one is called 'Bayleaf Cottage'.

Coloured with Inktense pencils after ink blending the background with Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber.

I used Carved Pumpkin DI through the Lavinia stencil.

A few leaves stamped in Autumn colours and a little tree (which looks just like my Birch tree!) to finish.

Sharing over at
Stencil is our Game - A/Goes w/Orange option
I Spy - Autumn Shades
Dragonfly Dreams - Autumn

Thanks for looking - have a great day whatever you're doing! x



16 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is AWESOME! Your colors are FABULOUS! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Aquarius said...

A gorgeous New Home card - I love these dwelling stamps (have one of them) and you are right they do fit well into the Lavinia style fantasy surroundings. They are great fun to colour as well and with so many variations when playing around with colours.

HilaryJane said...

I am enjoying your Lavinia cards. this one is a beauty, such amazing colours and ink blending xx

Glennis F said...

Love the result Viv, such perfect colouring

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and Autumn colours love the stamps
Carol x

Liz said...

Wonderful card Viv, great image and a fabulous design. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Viv just popping back to say -Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Loll said...

Amazing card ... love the fall colours, Viv! xx

Sarn said...

Well, this is simply GORGEOUS Viv. Brilliant stamping and colouring xxx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv, gorgeous colours, must admit I'm very tempted to add these cottages to my stash - more temptation!
Avril xx

papierelle said...

Amazing card!!! I particularly like that you left a bright area around the house, which gives the map something mystical.

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful and magical, Viv. Love how it turned out!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at "I spy with my little eye"!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Bonnie said...

Awesome colors, Viv!

Pat said...

The colours are so bright and beautiful Viv and the maple leaves are really pretty, and who could resist that cute Lavinia Bayleaf Cottage..I love the stencilling and the wonderful large sun and sweet tree to complete the scene. x

Francesca said...

Amazing card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Pauline C said...

Fabulous colouring on your cottage and gorgeous stencilled background. Thanks so much for playing along with my theme of "Shades of Autumn" at Ellibelle's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge this month.
Pauline xx