Tuesday 17 October 2023

New Challenge at Try It On Tuesday

 Happy Tuesday! It's time for our new challenge over at Try It On Tuesday and for the next 2 weeks we're wanting to see your Halloween creations.
Having no children means Halloween doesn't mean much to us although we do always buy some treats for the trick or treaters! Other half always hopes it rains so they stay at home because it means he gets to eat the sweeties! How bad is he????!!

I don't send Halloween cards so this was a bit of a challenge for me too!

I have been having a play recently with coloured card as a base so I found some really vivid orange and used that for this.

I started by stamping my owl, cat and broomstick (all Lavinia) direct onto the orange card.

Then inked my moon with Brilliance Moonlight through an Inkylicious stencil and ran a white pen round the edge.

The hills were Black Soot DI and I resisted being too heavy with the ink as I really wanted the orange base to show through a little.
The trees are one of my most used sets from Inkylicious.

The castle is Lavinia and the teeny spider (cute isn't he?!) is from Card-io.

I finished by dragging the white stencil brush across the card to give the appearance of mist - but am not sure I achieved it!

I intended to stamp 'Dont Forget to Fly' but am damned if I can find the stamp - it'll turn up when I don't want it no doubt!

Hope you will join us this month - if you pop over to the blog there's lots of spooky makes from the DT too.
Thanks for looking today - have a lovely day whatever you're doing. x
Sharing over at
Triple B - (Bird- my owl)
Stamps+Fun - Black and Orange
Crafty Calendar - Halloween
Sparkles - Things that go bump in the Night
If you give a Crafter a Cookie - Black
Two Old Bats - Halloween

20 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this a beautiful Halloween card! I love the design with the bright orange shaded background and how you combined the stamps - perfect 😊. That kitty cat must be having fun riding that broomstick (smile!). Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Pia S said...

I have never sent out any Halloween cards either, and now I have a pile of cards, going back several years, because I do find them increasingly fun to make. So maybe I should find someone to send them to. I think the orange background has a fantastic effect and so fun with the cat on the broomstick - and a spider too.

crafty-stamper said...

I have never known anyone who sends Halloween cards,fabulous monochrome card,great scene and love all the stamps
Carol x

Joan said...

It’s fab Viv, using the coloured card as a background has worked so well, love the cat on the broomstick and your misty hills


Joan x

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a cool card Viv. I haven't really used Lavinia stamps, but your card has inspired me. That kitty on the broom is a super Halloween image (or images put together). hugs-Erika

papierelle said...

It looks like a page from a storybook, absolutely stunning and magnificently made.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic card and scene Viv, I love the cat riding on the broom and the background you created.
Yvonne

HilaryJane said...

I think you have achieved a misty look. I am loving the red glow and that amazing moon. A very special halloween card xx

Brenda in IN said...

You created such a spooky scene with this red cardstock. It is beautiful. That moon is truly awesome, Viv.

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Christine Alexander said...

Wonderful misty effect and I especially love the red glow from the card base xx

Darlene said...

Oh Viv, this is just AWESOME! Beautiful job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Are you aware of our Halloween challenge called 'Two Old Bats'? You can find the link below ... please come join us! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Pat said...

Wow Viv, what a great idea to use this piece of orange card as the base, and love the cat with the spider attached to its tail flying on the broomstick, and a wonderful bat too and another brilliant scene...a great Halloween card. x

Mrs.B said...

Absolutely fabulous, love the scene you've built up and using the orange card for the background gives a great depth of colour.
Avril xx

Doris P. said...

Wow! This is really beautiful! I love the image and these little accents. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Viv your card is very atmospheric just love the colours and the wonderful scene you have created

Anne

Darlene said...

YAY! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Aquarius said...

Wow, how did I manage to miss seeing this one - it's spectacular and has worked so well using coloured card - something to try 😉😉. I don't 'do' Halloween either and tend to agree with your other half, hoping there are no callers so that 'someone' has to eat the sweeties 🤣🤣

Fran Wing said...

Viv, this is just creepy enough to be a really great Halloween card! Thank you for sharing it with us this month at Two Old Bats.
Xoxo, Fran/DT

Dawn Phillips said...

Loving the red and black theme. It's a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x