Friday 13 October 2023

Inspired


Having been determined to stop dithering about and to be inspired by some of the gorgeous makes that pop up from the Lavinia Design Team, I have done several pieces which are now in frames.

A couple of my friends have granddaughters who are mermaid mad so there are 3 makes spoken for and finding their way into Christmas stockings this year - this is one and I will share the others at a later date.

This measures 11" x 9" in it's frame (which is white wood with a white mount) and to be honest I am really chuffed with myself for stepping away from the normal sized card fronts and having a go at something a bit bigger.

I have also become a stalker! I watch every tutorial from the very talented Mona Hauge who makes the most amazing scenes and is very generous in sharing her tips and techniques.
She has given me confidence to try things I wouldn't have thought I was good enough to do and I have been really delighted with the results.

For the first time I have begun to use coloured pencils to add definition and shading instead of trying to use an ink brush and I am fast running out of white pens for highlighting!
Yes, there have been mistakes, disasters and downright frustration but it has been wonderful expanding my horizons a little bit!

I am still though very nervous of trying alcohol ink backgrounds for stamping scenes (only cos the Yupo paper is so expensive) and I confess to having a Gelli plate and have never used it - but that's the next on the list! (And yes I know I've been saying that for EVER but I will get round to it!)

Thanks for looking today - I know blogging seems to be way down the list now with social media taking centre stage but I really appreciate all those of you who continue to follow my blog and leave comments.
Have a lovely day whatever you're doing. x
Sharing over at
APTTC - A/Goes
Ally's Angels - A/Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - A/Goes

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is so beautiful and wonderful that you are making framed pictures as gifts - I'm sure they will be so appreciated 😊😊. You really must get to use your Gelli plate - a wonderful item with so many possibilities. Well done for the shout for blogging, long may it continue and such a shame that other social media seems to be taking over, just not the same atmosphere as blogging.

HilaryJane said...

Well, you should be very chuffed with this, it is fantastic. I love the colours and your scene has a real glow to it. Well done. Looking forward to seeing your gelli plate in action. I am happy to stick with blogs. I don't like posting on instagram or facebook. I much prefer the slower pace of blogs. I will look at the social media sites but that is all, perhaps, in time, others will return too. You never know xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely fabulous underwater scene love all the stamps-the Mermaid is beautiful and beautifully coloured.I agree blogging is much better than social media and I love following all the different blog.Hope you are feeling better.
Carol x

Glennis F said...

A fabulous project, well done you.
I still prefer blogging, although I have been very slack lately, with no projects to show!

Mrs.B said...

WOW, this is fabulous Viv, love the depth of colour you've achieved on the mermaid - she seems to glow. It's a beautiful scene and some little girl is going to be thrilled with this.
Avril xx

Christine Alexander said...

such a magical scene, I love the colours of the sea urchins ♥

LesleyG said...

Stunning underwater scene, it just glows, and so much detail, what a lovely gift. I do hope blogging wins out xxx

Carole said...

Absolutely stunning card Viv..love it! it's absolutely gorgeous. I too have a Gelli plate....unused...like you !

Loll said...

Amazing scene you've created Viv!! Some young girl is going to be very excited to get this! Great work ... always fun to learn new things, especially when you have found someone to follow that is a great teacher. You've done amazing work, my friend. Looking forward to seeing the other two pictures you've framed. xx

papierelle said...

You created a beautiful underwater scene. I love all the little details I can discover.

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow absolutely stunning Viv, the colours are amazing and what fabulous gifts they would make... Well done for the Blogging shout out...I don't do this 'Face ache' thing blogging is much nicer and seems like you are actually talking to the person...long may it continue..

Anne

Pat said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Viv and I love the colours and especially those fabulous urchins which simply glow, and the wonderful green mermaid stands out beautifully and love the cute little seahorse, and all the wonderful foliage and slopes with the sweet castle. I think those three girls will be simply over the moon to receive one of these masterpieces. x

Sari / Granne said...

Beautiful under water scene, loving the magical feeling. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore 116 Challenge.