Monday 11 December 2023

More Purple!

 I notice that I've not posted many Christmas cards this year - I have made some but most days the lighting here hasn't been good for pics! Anyway, most are now written and posted so there's only a few cards I can show!

I had some lilac and purple shades out on the desk after making the card for the Card Chain Challenge (post below) so before I had a tidy up I made another.
I used Oxides for this one - Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac for the sky, masking off the moon circle first then some water splatters.
I removed the mask and gave it  a quick light dust over with the Lilac.

I have an Inkylicious moon stamp which has the cloud drifts so inked it with Wilted Violet DI and stamped.  Was pleased with the result.

The snowdrifts were done using Lost Shadow ink.

My Lavinia foxes are very well used and I used a white pen round his body - still practicing with this but I don't think he looks too bad overall altho I was a little heavy handed!

The branches were stamped in Purple, Metallic Silver and Brilliance White - I heat embossed the white then did the same with the bauble.
A few stamped twiggy bits and finished!

Thanks for looking. I hope everyone is well and not getting too panicked about Christmas approaching! I am feeling quite organised this year for a change! x

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these embossed branches and snowdrifts with this sweet fox! You do purple beautifully, Viv!

Carole said...

Hi Viv......what a fabulous card...I love it. You are really good at these scenes and you have produced some wonderful cards. I am so behind this year which I put down to a wedding and then a significant birthday! xx

Aquarius said...

A truly beautiful winter scene - love the shades chosen and the fox is brilliant

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv...I know what you mean about the light, its so dark here at the moment with the constant rain..but we are lucky not to have the snow

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the colour and beautiful fox
Carol x

Pat said...

Another wonderful scene Viv with some more pretty shades of purple. I simply adore that cute fox gazing up at the hanging bauble on the beautiful purple, silver and white branches, and love the foliage in the foreground which frames it brilliantly. I love the way you have done the snowdrifts..the snow really looks light and fluffy, and the white highlights on the fox are perfect. x

Loll said...

Those branches sparkle in the sky, Viv. So beautiful with the shades of lilac. Gorgeous scene ... well done, my friend! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Sweet scene with the fox and love how you brought him to life with the shading xx

TK said...

I love this peaceful, romantic scene and your fox is highlighted perfectly -- serene

Sarn said...

Beautiful winter scene. Your stamping and snow drift making are perfect.
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas xxx