Sunday 3 December 2023

November Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 The November Card Chain Challenge saw me send my card to Hilary here in the UK and I received a lovely card from Gundi in Germany.
This month there was one of my fave colour combos and a 'Winter' theme among the choices.

I used Villainous Potion, Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac for my ink blending.

White heat embossing added some definition to the dangly bits (!) from the tree branch and some second and third generation stamping in both Versafine black and  Memento Grape Jelly for a little bit of depth.

The branch was highlighted with a Posca pen to give a snowy effect.

Tree line was stamped in Versafine Clair black and again some white Posca pen used for the snow.

I did a little light ink blending with Hickory Smoke across the base of the trees after seeing something similar whilst trawling the internet and I quite liked the way there is no actual defined horizon with things just melting into the background.

Finished it all with a few spatters!

Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave - I appreciate it very much! x

15 comments:

papierelle said...

It looks just as nice and wintery here right now and I love it. And I love your card. So beautifully made and what I love most is how well you designed the frost.

Aquarius said...

A magical scene and very beautiful - love the way you've made the trees merge into the background and the white embossing really 'pops'

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely winters scene you've created Viv, love icicles hanging from the tree

Anne

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous scene, Viv - love how you used the colors to create it!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Wintry scene and love the colour and all the stamps.
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

Oh goodness Viv - I can just feel the cold winter chill coming off your lovely winter night card - wonderful stampings off your branch and shadowing around your full moon! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful. I am so pleased to have it sitting on my shelf so I can admire it every day xx

Robyn Oliver said...

This is a really beautiful card Viv, love the soft snowy effect.

Sarn said...

A stunning scenic card. Xxx

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas winter scene WOW!!!!!

Loll said...

STUNNING card Viv! This is winter magic at it's best. Great work! xx

Mrs.B said...

Lovely card Viv, love the wintery scene, stunning in those colours.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

This is so misty and beautiful, Viv! Awesome background for these pretty snowy trees!

Carole said...

I missed this post...wow Viv..what a stunner! xx

Pat said...

The colour combination for this beautiful winter scene looks fabulous Viv, and love the snow under the trees and on the tree branch, and the white embossed hanging foliage is so pretty, especially with the large moon behind it, and some pretty falling snow too. x