Saturday 30 December 2023

Snow Storm

3 weeks before Christmas and Mojo packed his bag and went on his Christmas Holidays!
 
I have discovered it is very difficult to be creative or concentrate when other things are happening around you so at this year's end I want to say thanks for inspirational crafters without who nothing would have been made this festive season! This scene was inspired by a lady called Laura Foster.

There's something about ink blending that I find calming - I like to experiment with colours and see the card background being transformed.

Inks used here were Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Lost Shadow and Hickory Smoke.

The holly leaves were stamped using Memento Potters Clay.

I was quite pleased with how Foxy turned out eventually - he was stamped first in Versacolour Bark, then the edges of the stamp were inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne.

Highlighted him with a white gel pen and a black Aquarelle pencil.

Highlighted the snowdrifts with Posca pen and of course I then had to 'spatter attack' the whole piece!

Thanks to everyone who has continued to visit my blog during 2023 and I hope to see you all here again in 2024.
I wish you and all those you care about a very happy and healthy New Year. x

8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and inky background,love the stamped foxand splatters.Best wishes for the New Year.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

This is just beautiful. I have enjoyed looking at your wonderful ink blended backgrounds. They have been really stunning. I hope you keep doing them and perhaps you might have inspired me to do more myself. I rarely make scenes like this, but I do love seeing them. I think they scare me somehow. It is how it works, we all get inspiration from each other, so thanks for playing your part so brilliantly. Hope it comes a little easier for you in 2024. Happy New Year xx

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Viv, Great design, so atmospheric. xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card from today Viv. Another stunning card with your beautiful ink blended backgrounds and fabulous array of stamped images to create a lovely winter scene. I went through your cards you highlighted for each month this year and I had missed several during my blog break. So wonderful to see all of your amazing creations. Hope things improve soon and 2024 becomes a happier and healthier year for your family. Love, Loll

LesleyG said...

Beautiful card, love the fox, and enjoyed seeing your others too. Happy New Year, let’s hope it’s a good one xxx

Aquarius said...

A beautiful scene and yes, there is something relaxing about colour blending to transform white card into something so very different before adding the stamped details.

Carole said...

Well your mojo was around when you made this one!! It's lovely...great blending and colouring on Mr Fox. Happy New Year to you.xx

Sarn said...

WOW Viv - this fix card is a stunner. One of my faves of your gorgeous work.

No evidence that your mojo took a hike. Hope things around you calm down and you feel more up to it soon. Hugs, Sarnie xxx