Tuesday 23 January 2024

Text Time!

 Our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday is 'ADD SOME TEXT'.

I took some watercolour paper and smooshed a purple/lilac/pink background trying to put the inks only two thirds of the way on the card.

Normally I use acetate for smooshing as I like to see where it's going but thought I'd try it directly from the craft mat for this.

Once the paper was dry, I used a very old tree stamp (that old I have no idea where it came from!) and began to build up the 'forest'.

I used Distress Oxides in shades of Lucky Clover, Shabby Shutters and Bundled Sage. I spritzed the inked up stamp each time before using in the hope that I'd achieve a misty effect!

The sentiment is from Inkylicious - another I have had for a long time but rarely used.
Finished with one of Inkylicious bird stamps and mounted onto black card.

Hope you will share a creation with us this challenge and thanks for looking today! x

Also sharing at
Path of Positivity - Anything Positive Goes
Daisy Chain - No Designer Paper

19 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the effects of the Oxides on your card VIv..nice sentiment too

Anne

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card! Loving the text that you used and the serenity that you created with the scene - amazing 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and beautiful sentiment.
Carol x

Joan said...

Fab card Viv , love the quote



Joan x

My name is Erika. said...

This is a pretty scene Viv. The text really stands out also. Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Viv! Your forest is fabulous, make me wish for Spring days and getting back to some walks (I'm not a fan of boggy ground) The quote and those flying birds do make this special, Hugs, Chrisx

Aquarius said...

You've achieved just the look of a misty forest with that lovely sky all of which shows off the text and birds beautifully. So right for the challenge

ScrappyHorses said...

So beautiful with the pretty colors and the wonderful sentiment! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

HilaryJane said...

Lovely to see you use some older supplies. Your purple sky above those trees looks fabulous xx

Christine Alexander said...

what a beautiful misty scene. Love it xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful background Joan for the lovely quote you chose.
Yvonne

Meggymay said...

Apologies Viv I think I called you Joan in my comment here.
Yvonne xx

lichazul said...

Lovely card, congrats 😊 happy day

Carole said...

What a lovely card Viv...you sure have all these inky techniques under your belt! I love your misty trees on your smooshed sky and that sentiment is really lovely too! xx

Mrs A. said...

You always have such inspirational posts. This card is lovely. I feel the need now to get out my craft mat just smoosh it with some ink pads,spritz with water and see where all those strips of paper I had arrive in the post take me. I could be some time!! hugs Mrs a.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv and I love the soft misty look to the tree line. It's a lovely quote too.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is outstanding Viv, how well the lilac goes with the green of the tree's sheer delight to my eyes. The stamped sentiment is beautiful
Happy creative 2024 Tracey x

Bonnie said...

You achieved that misty effect beautifully, Viv, and a great sentiment!

Pia S said...

This is a wonderful design, so peaceful and with that misty look, and the sentiment is the icing on the cake. Different and gorgeous.