Tuesday 2 January 2024

Card Chain Challenge December reveal

 For the final chain of 2023 I sent my card to Ellie in Illinois and received a lovely card from Imke in Germany.
This challenge was another mega head scratcher as the Tic Tac Board had the annual 25 squares!
This time my five squares were chosen from the diagonal from bottom left to top right.

I confess to a little creative licence with regards to the card I made!

Blue - an ink blended Chipped Sapphire D.I

Bauble -  the ones on the tree - all highlighted with Nuvo drops so they really do shine

Buddy - Rory and Darcy are definitely good buddies! Exploring everything together - and poking at Christmas tree baubles!

Bling - why is sparkle so hard to photograph???
I added lots of Diamond Stickles to Rory and Darcy's wings and a liberal helping along the ground.
I also used a gold glitter Posca pen  and added lots of dots with it on the tree so it does have a shimmer in real life.

Burgundy - well I am hoping that the ink blended Seedless Preserve D.I used for the ground will pass!

It's been a lovely year receiving cards from all over the world.
A huge thank you to those who administer the Challenge too.

It's such a lot of hard work and when you think we've exchanged over 4,000 card in 33 countries it's mind boggling!

Still time to sign up for the first challenge of 2024 too!

14 comments:

papierelle said...

Enchanting Christmas scene!!! Gundi x
DotMCC
Dream Factory

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Viv love the stamps,sparkle and inky background.Must admit I didn't do Dec I couldn't get my head round it kept finding some thing in the line I didn't have lol
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

I absolutely loved receiving your card, Viv. Such a wonderful scene, the fairies are adorable and loving all the sparkle! Thank you so much!! You did really well with the row you chose too, I selected the same one for my row :) It surely was a bit challenging!
Happy New Year!!

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty card with your lovely Lavinia stamps Viv! (I just purchased this tree but haven't inked it yet, so I love seeing it used on cards for inspiration!) You created such a magical background for Rory and Darcy with your softly inked and glittered landscape! Happy New Year! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

This is just delightful. I think you have passed the tic tac toe test brilliantly. It was definitely a challenge, but so nice when it came together. I do get a feel for how sparkly this is. I bet Imke loved it xx

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous card - that 25 square idea certainly looks challenging.

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Viv. You did well to incorporate the five elements. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your sweet pair of fairies with that Christmas tree looks amazing, Viv! Love the beautiful background too!! Happy New Year!!

BAstelfeti said...

Your Card is wonderful

Happy New Year sent BAstelfeti

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card and sparkle is a bummer to photograph. The background sets a wonderful mood and the tree and ferries are marvelous.

Sarn said...

Beautiful! Xxx

Pia S said...

A lovely card and you ticked off all the boxes in your chosen row. The most important thing however is to make someone’s day by receiving a special handmade card.

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Viv! Love the inking and that sweet tree!

Imke said...

Lovely and magical card, Viv! Great take with the tic tac toe row.
Happy to be on board in this Challenge.
~Imke