Sunday 14 January 2024

Peonies


 This is an embossing folder I ordered as soon as I saw it released! Like lots of things I buy, I got it and it went in the storage for embossing folders.... where it stayed!

I had a square piece of black card so just wanted to have an experiment as I'd seen so many lovely examples of simple cards using 3D folders and a brushing of ink.

Quite happy with the result using Brilliance Moonlight White over the top of the Altenew 'Ambridge Bouquet' folder and I have to say the folder is fantastic to use. The impression it leaves is fab!
I added a white heat embossed sentiment.

Think the next make using it I'll try some watercolouring over the top... seeing as how I am now the proud owner of the complete set of Mondeluz Aquarelle Pencils 😊 - courtesy of my wonderful husband πŸ’• who proved he actually DID listen when I dropped the hint!

Haven't joined in many challenges recently but am going to link this over at
CYHTP - A/Goes with an E/F (Opted not to include the theme)
Seize the Birthday - Embossing
Craft Rocket - Embossing

Thanks for looking today - hope everything is OK with you in blogland. x

16 comments:

Aquarius said...

A fabulous embossing folder and a great result with the ink you've used. Glad I'm not the only one who buys new items and keeps them in storage rather than using them πŸ˜‰. Look forward to seeing some work with your great set of new coloured pencils.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous embossing folder love the effect with the white over the black background.
Carol x

Nancy said...

Viv, I love that EF and so glad you brought it out to play! You are not alone in the group of buying something and it sits for months waiting to be used. Love how you added a bit of color to showcase the depth. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and for using the Topping.

Barbara said...

I am once again amazed by the emboss effect, it is so different and looks great on your card. I am so glad that you joined us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Sarn said...

This is such a striking and beautiful card Viv. Love it. That EF was a good choice xxx

Loll said...

Very dramatic and artsy, Viv! I LOVE it! Now to go and buy that embossing folder. :) xx

Jules said...

Hi Viv

What a stunning card!

I love the finished look very, very much!

The embossing is amazing done on black with white. In fact it is so lifelike that it almost looks like a photograph has been taken at night time when there was a full moon.

We are really looking forward to our move .. .. it isn't too far from where we are now so we know the area quite well. It is a lovely little village
with a castle and lots of listed buildings. It feels like a mini Stratford upon Avon.

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv, the Brilliance ink pad added such a beautiful shimmer ♥ I think I need some of those ink pads :)

Lia said...

This is amazing! What a beautiful embossingfolder, it looks as if the flowers are popping out of the card!
Lia DT CYHTP

Brenda in IN said...

I love this look and you nailed it. That is a stunning embossing folder. Good for hubby!

HilaryJane said...

Simply stunning. I am so glad you have now used that folder. Looking forward to seeing your water colouring with it xx

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite techniques and I LOVE it with the white ink on the black, Viv! So dramatic!

Mrs A. said...

I am the worlds worst for buying and then storing for years. Lovely effect with the white ink on the black card. I have four boxes of embossing folders and actually got them out at the weekend and sat and embossed all of the scraps of white paper that I had in my scrap box. The idea is to get me motivated to A use the scraps up on cards and to have used the embossing folder some of which i didn't even know I had. Hugs Mrs a.

Mrs A. said...

Hi Viv, have just sent you an email with the details. Hugs Mrs A.

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous and elegant!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Pat said...

These peonies are beautiful Viv and really dramatic on the dark card with the added white ink to hightlight them..such an elegant and pretty card. x