Tuesday 9 January 2024

Try It On Tuesday- our first 2024 challenge!

  It's time for the very first challenge of the New Year at TRY IT ON TUESDAY and the theme is WINTER BLUES.
(I hope none of you are feeling blue after all the excitement during the festive season!)

Last year we had lots of lovely people sharing their creations with us every month and I hope you will find the time to join us this year too.

My first make for the challenge is a card made for a friend's winter birthday.

I blended a little Iced Spruce on the background first before using a light dusting of Chipped Sapphire and used the Iced Spruce to make the snowy hills at the base.

I secondary stamped the swinging fairy and the toadstools using Versafine Clair Twilight - the first generation stamping was simply too dark.

The vines were second and third generation stamping.

Some 'snow' on the tops of the toadstools using a white gel pen and I added a little bit of sparkle with a silver Posca glitter pen.

The rest of the TIOT team have some lovely makes to inspire you (if you need inspiring) so please pop over to the challenge blog for a look and thanks for visiting me today! x

16 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful winter card Viv

Anne

My name is Erika. said...

You make the best fantasy pieces Viv. This is a really lovely and chilly view. Hope 2024 is treating you well. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty scene! Loving the fairy swinging on those vines with the mushroom foreground - perfect 😊. Happy January! Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Great monochrome card and love all the stamps especially the mushrooms.
Carol x

Joan said...

A beautiful card Viv, you've really nailed those stamps to make a lovely scene


Joan x

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful you are becoming an expert at these cards. Personally I hate winter and will be pretty blue until March xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous card and love the monochromatic colour palate.

Mrs A. said...

This is a beauty Viv. I am not generally a lover of using blue but your card has inspired me. Wishing you aHappy New year. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda in IN said...

A lovely card with the softest colors and great design.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous Viv x

Aquarius said...

This is such a beautiful scene, all the better for being subtle thanks to the second generation stamping.

Meggymay said...

I love how you created this beautiful card Viv and the stamps you used look wonderful.
Wishing you a Happy New Year.
Yvonne

Sarn said...

Mmmmn. I LOVE this wintry scene in hues of my fave colour. Utterly gorgeous xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! I love the beautiful fairy swinging on the branches! The mushroom landscape is absolutely brilliant! Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

What a fabulous winter's scene, Love it.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your friend will truly love this, what a fabulous card beautiful stamping, I adore the fungi.
Best wishes for 2024 Tracey x