Sunday 7 April 2019

Hello

The challenge for April at CAS Watercolour is Poppies.
I found this small stamp in my stash that had 3 poppies on it - it also had some agapanthus in the background - these were removed after careful application with a cotton bud and some cleaner after I'd inked the stamp!

I coloured it with Inktense Watercolour pencils.

I am not feeling very inspired at the moment (real life again) so the addition of the die cut sentiment coloured in a gradient of the colours used for the stamped image and background was the only embellishment.

I DO though, have a few things unassembled on the desk which I intend to turn my attention to over the next few days!

We had a truly beautiful day here yesterday. I ventured outside in a short sleeve shirt with my cuppa so it must have been warm.

There's a bit more cloud about today but at least the temperature hasn't dropped too much.

Hoping that the warmer days are becoming the norm now rather than the exception!


Also sharing at

CAS on Friday - Spring
Cardz 4 Galz - Flora.
Thanks for taking the time to pay me a call today. I hope that you are warm too in your part of the world! x

13 comments:

Jo said...

So beautiful, amazing colouring & I love the die cut sentiment
Jo x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Viv. I think I might have a closer look at this challenge as I love Poppies, although I really struggle to do CAS, I just don't know when to stop lol :) x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful poppy image Viv, its a great CAS card.
Yvonne xx

Marlies said...

A beautiful elegant card! Marlies

Loll said...

Beautiful poppies Viv! I love the watercoloured grass and splatters that makes this into a garden scene. Lovely with the antique frame and ombre sentiment. Hope the warm weather continues and the sun is shining again for you soon. Take care, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Mac Mable said...

Here's hoping Spring is on the way x What a pretty card and love how you only stamped the poppies and not the other flowers. The graduated die cut sentiment looks fabulous too x.

Carole said...

I really like this Viv...I love your CAS cards in fact. Please can you tell me what the name of the die is that you have used for the frame?..I have been looking for one for ages! Motivated or not your creations hit the spot with me! xx

Kathleen said...

Really super creation Viv, great CAS and lovely image, love the multi coloured sentiment too.

Kath x

Bonnie said...

These sweet poppies in the pretty frame don't need embellishment, Viv! The ombre colored sentiment is a perfect fit! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Wonderful watercoloured scene featuring poppies. And I love the way you did the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

papierelle said...

Wonderful!! The poppies look so tender.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card and love the beautiful poppies and great watercolouring
Carol x

Pat said...

This is so pretty Viv and with the watercoloured grass/foliage which grounds them perfectly, and the deckle edged frame encloses them so prettily, and the two tone die cut sentiment finishes the whole thing to perfection. x