Friday 19 April 2019

Sunny Days!

Well!  The weather here has been amazingly wonderful - really warm and beautiful sunshine and according to the forecast set to stay for a few days over our Easter Holiday weekend.
I am just hoping that this isn't our Summer!
I treated myself to some Water Brush pens this week and have been trying them out.
Trawling the internet I came across this
 https://channin.wordpress.com/2019/04/12/water-media-mat-faux-watercolor-stamping/
and I thought 'perfect for trying out my new stash!
 
The poppy stamp is by Technique Tuesday and with some removal of ink from the other parts of the stamp I managed to just keep isolating one flower head.

The sentiment is from the same set, white embossed.

This was my second attempt.😳😳

The first one I haven't discarded completely and may make an appearance at a later date - but I have somehow managed to leave quite a large space in between the flowers and will need to think carefully about how I am going to disguise it! (The position of the space  doesn't really lend itself to a sentiment I don't think but.........!!!!)

Am going to pay a second visit this month to CAS Watercolour where the challenge is 'Poppy'.
Also sharing over at
Daring Cardmakers - Blooming Wonderful
MAWTT - That Spring Feeling
A2S+M - Make your Mark

Happy Easter and I hope the sun is shining wherever YOU are! x

17 comments:

Bunny said...

Beautiful card. I think we all know about the 1st attempt cards. Mine that aren't salvageable go in the recycle. I hope yours fairs better. [Bunny]``

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

brenda said...

A very stylish creation Viv. Have a lovely Easter and a good Sunday afternoon in particular.

B x

Aquarius said...

Great poppies - they look so delicate here. I'm sure you will come up with way of rescuing your earlier attempt.

TK said...

Very pretty, Viv, and your patience really paid off!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the delicate stamped poppy
Carol x

Kathleen said...

Really super card Viv, love the image and design.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

I love the colours you have used. Perhaps you can cut the 1st attempt down so the space is more amenable to using a sentiment to cover.
Weather is glorious here too so making the most of being in the garden , hence blogging at night time. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

I love the watery look of your poppies, Viv! And such a pretty color! I'm sure you will think of a fantastic way to use your first attempt! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Watercolour and Happy Easter!

Mac Mable said...

What a wonderful artsy effect....I absolutely love the loose water colour effect and the colours you've used look fabulous x. Thank you for the link too x
Looking forward to seeing the first attempt...one day x

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say Happy Easter and yes lets hope that this is not our Summer x

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful looking card.
:) Karen

Susan said...

Love the way you repeated the poppy image. Fabulous colours and great loose watercolouring. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Loll said...

This is such a beautiful design Viv! I'm going to check out the video tutorial ... thanks for sharing. Looks like you are having a fun time with your new waercolour pens. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Polkadoodles said...

This is beautiful! We'd love you to enter this in our challenge over at the PD challenge too xx https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/

Susan Renshaw said...

Love these poppies!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Linby said...

what an effective design and such a lovely colour too.