Thursday 25 April 2019

The Rain Returns!

After some wonderful warm and sunny days we have returned again to typical April showers. In fact last evening there was a downpour of monsoon proportions!
My real life has taken up quite a lot of my time but happily I did find some 'me' time.
Some time ago I saw a card made by fellow blogger Michele  which I loved so I asked her if she would allow me to take her inspiration and use it for myself. She happily agreed so here is mine -

I decided to use a brick background on the lower part of the card to add some texture. Looking at it now I might have got away with the whole of the background embossed.....

I really like these Gerbera stamps - stamped and heat embossed in white then out with the new Brush Pens.
(Enjoying playing with these - although they are going to take a bit of getting used to and am not sure if I am brave enough yet to just try using them as watercolours without an embossed stamp line to guide!) 

Fussy cut the flowers then punched 3 small circles into a strip of white card, stamped a sentiment and my little card finished.

Sharing my make with
Crafty Creations - A/Goes
House that Stamps Built - A/Goes
MAWTT - Flowers

Thanks for visiting today - hope whatever you're doing is making you feel happy! x 

19 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful....love the brick x

Aquarius said...

Not only rain but a pretty chilly wind too - we were spoilt with the warmth and sunshine last week!! This is such a lovely idea for a card and the gerbera stamp has worked really well.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Viv!! I was so pleased to see your email in my inbox this morning! You've created a gorgeous card - love the warm colors, AND the brick wall! You've done so well, I think you deserve to treat yourself to those coordinating dies, my friend!
I'm very humbled by your CASE, Viv... thank you, very much!! xx
=] Michele

Wendy L said...

Hi Try MAWTT again, I hope it is now fixed, xxx

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous card from Michele to CASE and you've made it your own x So striking, so pretty, love the colours and the texture from the dry embossing x. Yes we've returned to rain too x

junemac2 said...

I love it and the contrast with the embossed part is wonderful.
Hugs June x

Kathleen said...

Lovely flowers in gorgeous colours and a super design.
Also since you posted this, had thunder and a little bit of lightening, and more heavy downpours.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful design, its a beautiful get well card Viv.
Yvonne xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is really pretty

Liz said...

Super card, Viv. I love the layout of your design and the flowers are beautiful. xx

Furrbster said...

This is really lovely,

Thanks so much for playing along with my first challenge at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Mrs A. said...

What an original way of adhering the flowers to your card. The result looks fab. It has rained on and off today here but I had to get on in the garden as the old shed is being demolished tomorrow first thing and I needed to clear the decks for the workmen. Next step will be the new concrete base down and then hopefully a summer house to go up in its place. Hugs Mrs A.

Heather said...

Simple and very pretty! Love the texture from the brick; it adds so much! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Amazing and so creative - loved the idea of punching the three holes and inserting the flowers. Love it. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty CReations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Marina said...

I love these bright colours and the partial embossing looks fantastic.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card love the embossed bricks and beautiful gerberas.We had a brilliant thunder and lightening storm with massive hailstones on Thurs night!
Carol x

Carole said...

Playing catch up here Viv...thanks for your good wishes. One week till the mess and dust (that will do me a lot of good no doubt). Anyway I really love this card...very clever design hoe the flowers are through the holes.Hugs xx

Esther Asbury said...

So pretty --- I love the brick embossing! So happy you linked up to the "Anything Goes" challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty and unique layout, clever design.
:) Karen