Friday 12 April 2019

Spring

It's been a week which has passed quickly if not productively.

On many occasions this week I have found myself staring blankly at card and wondering about making something - anything!

I think the thing is I simply cannot concentrate on one thing at the minute, I want to do several different things and because of this my thought process is jumping from one thing to the other - and I end up with........  nothing!

I only managed to make 2 cards this week... and this is one.
The Altenew blog gave me some much needed inspiration and another opportunity to practice with layering stamps.

Altenews Peony Bouquet stamp set, Ink shades - Shabby Shutters/Peeled Paint/Forest Moss and Memento Pear Tart, and Versafine black for the main flower outline and sentiment.
I finished with some pale green pearls.

Sharing my card over at
Creative Knockouts - Spring is on its way
MAWTT - Spring feeling
SSS Wednesday - No Designer paper
Elliebelle's Wednesday - Spring Blossoms

We've had a fine dry sunny week here, and although it is still a bit cold I think Spring is poking it's head out!
I hope you too are experiencing nice sunny days wherever you are.  Thanks for calling in today. x  

17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow this is stunning Viv. The stamping and layering with your chosen colours, on your beautiful flowers and leaves look amazing. Great choice of colours and thank you for listing them x Love how you've clustered the flowers and leaves together and made one striking and marvellous card x.
Yes I know what you mean about concentrating etc I often have so many ideas in my head and then end up doing nothing! x Wish you the most beautiful day too....dry my end and sunny but very cold in the wind x

Aquarius said...

Lovely fresh colours on this pretty card. Pleased I'm not the only one who dithers about some days between all sorts of things I think I'll do and often end up achieving nothing. Perhaps it shows we have creative minds!!

Carole said...

This is stunning Viv...my all time favorite stamp and it looks fabulous in the green and white....card envy here! xx

Meggymay said...

Lovely colours for the beautiful stamp image you used Viv.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Love this, it looks very classy, gorgeous image and fab choice of colour, such a pretty shade. I would be over the moon if I had made this.

Kath x

Liz said...

Super card, Viv, such a clean and fresh design. xx

brenda said...

Oh I know that feeling all too well Viv, I've st and stared at many a piece of card the last six months, but without those meds I'm edging back to reality.

I really, really love this card - did you get that love it as the tone on tone greens work beautifully - might even dig out my Altenew stamps.

Here's to three tomorrow.

B x

debby4000 said...

Love how the stamping and bit of colouring makes such a fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Oooh, this is beautifully CAS Viv. Thank you for your lovely comments on my last card. I think that I definitely need to look to you for inspiration because you've got CAS nailed! I love this card and the colours that you've used. It really does have such an elegant feel to it x

Wendy L said...

So beautiful and delicate looking, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

AlisonC said...

I love the understated use of colour here. I want these stamps.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous CAS monochrome card and beautiful stamps
Carol x

papierelle said...

I like these delicate colors very well.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Viv! It's so elegant and I love the softness of the colours.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Ellibelle said...

An absolutely stunning creation, Viv. Love the simple color scheme showing off the gorgeous flower so well. Just perfect all around!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! Hope you play along again soon!
Ellie from
Ellibelle's Corner

Loll said...

STUNNING card, my friend! Gorgeous design with your layered blooms. So elegant and beautiful. Love the combination of shades of green with white and black. Very striking! xx

Pat said...

This Altenew flower cluster is gorgeous Viv and the selected colours works so well, and love the pretty green pearls as a finishing touch. I have a washing machine head at the moment which does make knuckling down to anything more difficult...lol. x