Friday 14 June 2019

Blue Part 2 (and a bit of Pink!)

A quick share!
This was one of those stamps that I HAD to have as soon as I saw it.  No idea why as I am not/never have been/never will be a Ballet Dancer! But there was just something about it that appealed to me.
I made 2 cards in different colours -
 and can tell you they were both terrible to photograph!
We have had so much rain and grey skies, taking pics of anything has been really difficult.

Both cards coloured the same with watercolours - although wasn't happy about my shading with the blue one - as the paint mix (shades of blue and white) is so obviously different to  the shoes.

I stamped both in Smokey Grey as I wanted a softer overall look.

The 'Dance' sentiment is from SU and the 'Dream' one from an old set (make unknown).

I am submitting the blue card as another entry into CAS Watercolour where the theme this month is 'Blue'.

I am off to the British Isles International Series tomorrow for a few days - a short one hour's flight away.
Keeping everything crossed that the deadful rain ☂☂ we have been experiencing for such a long time here in the UK has now moved away to give us some dry days while play takes place!
#TEAMENGLAND💪

Thanks for taking the time to visit me - I will catch up with you all very soon. x



14 comments:

Kathleen said...

Two really lovely creations, love the subtleness of the colours and the design.
I am sorry to say that the weather is not looking good, it is our local Brodstock (music festival) and it nearly always rains. Fingers crossed for you though.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Two beautiful cards. its a lovely image and I love the soft colour shades you used.
Yvonne xx

Mrs A. said...

Two gorgeous cards. Being a punk person it surprises me yo say that
I like the shoes in the blue the most. Hope play will not be a wash out. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Viv, the grey stamping is gives the image a lovely, delicate look. Hope the weather improves for you this weekend, we've certainly had more than enough rain for June already! xx

Carole said...

These are really superb Viv...so soft and feminine ad I love that first sentiment. Good luck with the weather! xx

Bonnie said...

I love this image and I've never been a dancer either. There's just something so feminine about ballet slippers! I love them in both colors and I'm glad you shared them with us at CAS Watercolour!

Aquarius said...

Lovely effect with the soft grey stamping and delicate colouring. Hope the weather is kind to you

brenda said...

It is indeed a beautiful image Viv and unusually for me I think I am drawn to the blue one. You asked a question about nail varnish colour, in truth I have no idea, when I go which is fortnightly as my nails grow quickly, she puts the colour swatches in front of me and I just pick a colour or design if I want nail art, it's touch though as they have dozens to choose from.

B x

Pat said...

Both the pink and the blue so elegant and pretty Viv and love the framing and the two very lovely sentiments. Have a good time at the BIIS and hope the weather stays fine. x

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful CAS cards -great sentiment and love the delicate colouring on both -fabulous stamp!
Carol x

Loll said...

This is such an amazing image ... I can see why you had to have it!! I love it done in both colours. With two perfect sentiments! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! Hope you had sunny skies for your tournament. xx

Mac Mable said...

What striking and beautiful cards Viv and a beautiful image x. Hope the International series went well? Yes the weather has been awful x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very beautiful cards! The greyt is perfect for the pastel colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Cath Wilson said...

I can see why this stamp appeals to you - it cries out to me, too and I haven't ever been/wanted to be or will be a dancer in any form whatsoever, either, lol. You've used it beautifully, with the subtle colouring and lovely words.
Maybe we live in a similar part of the UK cos it's been like that here, too - horrendous weather until this last week or so... in fact, I've been saying it's been more Autumnal than Autumn was up here in the North West! Not so bad now, though and even a few VERY nice days...I think we were all spoiled last year, but it was good :-) Lovely art.
Cath x