Sunday 2 June 2019

June Challenge at Stamping Sensations

So here we are with another challenge at Stamping Sensations and the wonderful Visible Image are offering a £25 voucher to our winner!
For our June month the theme is 'Show Your True Colours'. So we want to see projects with your favourite colours.......
I found this an impossible challenge!😕😕 How do I pick my favourite colours? I like all of them!!
So having found the theme difficult I thought about the colours I use MOST when making cards.
That too was a difficult choice!  I was saved by having to do 2 posts - this one and one for the mid month reminder - so I was able to show the colours that I use a lot on the 2 cards!

First one is a combo of some of my fave Distress Oxides.
Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers.
Made an inky background bending all 3, then used a Visible Image Crackle background stamp inking it in the same 3 colours and doing some random stamping.
Once dry, I used a brick Mini Stencil sponging it with Peacock Feathers.
The circle stamps are from VI's Rays of Light set.

I love this large sentiment (also from Visible Image) and I placed 'Hope' (Banksy's girl) touching it like she was reaching for the bunch of hearts.

Please visit the challenge blog and read the rules before submitting an entry!
Thanks for visiting. x 

16 comments:

brenda said...

Like you selecting fav colours was impossible Viv. It's a lovely inky background with the subtle stamping behind the silhouette images.

So, how do you feel this morning, has it sunk in that we are champions of Europe?

B x

Aquarius said...

I would find it impossible to pick my favourite colour too but I love what you've done with this great mixture of Distress Oxide inks. I've found that colours appear to be much cleaner and brighter since I've had cataract surgery - I suppose we don't notice the slow and gradual 'dulling' of everything over the years and I guess once the second eye is done the effect will be even greater.

Bunny said...

These are some of my favorite colors, too. This is a pretty card. Love the sentiment. 

[Bunny]`

Pat said...

This is a beautiful card Viv, and love the crackle and circle stamping, and the the added brick stencilling, and such a great idea to have the sweet little girl touching the sentiment whilst reaching for the stars and such wonderful words they are too. I hope things are going on OK with your MIL too. x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous colour combination and it's not easy picking your favourites. Loving the way you did the background with stencils, inks and stamping. Sure loving 'Hope' too x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the gorgeous colours.
Wendy xx

Kathleen said...

Super mix of colours and a great image and sentiment. I am like your love lots of colours.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

I love the colours you chose to use, a fabulous card and it is a lovely sentiment as well .
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great card Viv and I just love your chosen colours.xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous card and a great background Viv. I love the sentiment that you’ve used and I used it myself to put it on a candle for my Daughter who was thrilled with it. I love the font that it’s in. Great colours too and I love the addition of the Banksy stamp x

Joan said...

Beautiful card Viv, love your background and the wonderful sentiment.


Joan

Pia S said...

I love many different colors as well. It all depends on my mood. Purple is a favorite, yellow, earthly tones, red, white and blue... the only color I use little of, and only for accents, is green. I think picking shades of greens that go together is tricky and I never seem to get decent photos of greens. This is a beautiful card, both colorwise and design wise. Lovely sentiment!

Linby said...

Love these colours it looks fab.

Loll said...

Beautiful mixed media card Viv! Love this colour combination ... gorgeous! Your crackle and brick stenciling work perfectly with the Banksy image. And I love the large sentiment to go with it. Awesome design, my friend! xx

Carole said...

Super card Viv...love those colours and all your background work...you put all my late efforts so much to shame.xx

Sally H said...

Loving the colour combo and the stamps are fab! Sorry it has taken me so long to get here x