Tuesday 19 January 2021

Blazing Sun

No blazing sun here - wet, windy and not very nice at all!


I have had this stamp set for a long time. It was one of those that I was desperate to have and one of those that once I got it didn't do a lot with it!
I have made this - (Thank you Pinterest and Virginia Lu.)

A mix of watercolours for the big sun and then my Arteza pens applied direct to the stamps for the branches and blossom

(I love cherry blossom - it just reminds me that spring is beautiful!)
I agonized over the bird - (ridiculous I know!) Blue? Pink? In the end opted for the same colours as the sun.

Some liberal spattering of the pink as I wanted to try and achieve the sight of the blossom being blown everywhere in a breeze... not sure I succeeded!

Apologies for the awful pic - the light here is dreadful - a real grey winter's day!
Linking up at
613 Avenue Create - A/Goes
Gem of a Challenge - A/Goes
ABMTTC - A/Goes

It's a little perplexing  how different areas are at different points in administering the vaccine for this dreadful virus.
Whilst by current calculations I am not expecting my first one until May/June I know of several people in different parts of the country who are over 80 and have received their first dose, 3 others who have in fact received BOTH - yet M-I-L who is classed as 'extremely vulnerable' and has been shielding since last March has not even received her letter telling her to make her appointment! Crazy.

Thanks for calling in - Stay Safe. x

21 comments:

Jean said...

Womderful stamping great card x Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

Carole said...

Defo a cad with a difference Viv..very arty and I like the idea of the pink splashes as blossom. Am with you on the vaccine front...cant weigh it up...my mum who is a 100 still not had the vaccine!...yet over Blackpool Way over 70's are starting to receive.!! xx

Kathleen said...

What a great colour combination would never have thought of putting pink with orange and yellows but it works so very well.

Kath x

Christine Alexander said...

I can just feel the heat of the sun- so dramatic. Love all your little splatters of pink.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and very creative project, lovely designs. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the blossom splatter!
I hope your MIL stays well and gets vacc soon.

Aquarius said...

Love what you've done with this stamp, definitely a 'falling blossom' effect achieved.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous card Viv, the effect of the falling blossom really works well.

Sue xx

Ros Crawford said...

You certainly did achieve the blossom blowing in the breeze. Funny as soon as blossom appears here it is always windy! Terrific card Viv!
Oh and we are drowning in rain here!

crafty-stamper said...

Great sunny card and love the splatters-rain all day yest and same today!
Carol x

Sarn said...

Very pretty card. xxx

Brenda in IN said...

I've been desperate for a new stamp too, and wonder why the post office can't speed up delivery once the stamp ships. Then don't use it! This is a pretty card and I like the matching bird. It makes the look cohesive. The blowing cherry blossoms look so pretty. Our states all do the vaccine differently. It is so disorganized with no clear cut rules. I am signed up for mine February 19th.

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Viv, and you succeeded in the look of blowing petals! Vaccines are a mess here too. Hopefully they will get it straightened out soon.

TK said...

Beautiful, very artsy sun and a matching bird was perfect. As for the blossoms blowing in the wind -- love them!

HilaryJane said...

I completely understand your agonising over the bird as I spend an awful lot of time agonising when I am making cards. I would get far more done if I didn't! Anyway, I think your finished card is superb, I love that sun and the soft pink splatters as well as the bird. I know, the vaccine roll out is very strange, but I had some good news today. My daughter, who is shielding and is 40 today, got her first dose today, so that was a good birthday present. She was surprised when she got the invite, she lives in London xx

Loll said...

What an amazing card with that gorgeous sun. Looking forward to seeing more of that as spring will soon be here. I LOVE cherry blossoms too and Vancouver has a lots of trees throughout the city and in the suburbs. Your pink splatters definitely convey the blossoms blowing in the wind. I with they lasted longer than just two weeks!

It is so weird how it is decided who will get the vaccine before others. We have the same problem here, along with not having all our doses as Pfizer has be working on re-jigging their plant so they can produce more ... at the expense of Canada not getting their promised supply. Maddening. And maddening that your MIL is still waiting. She should be a priority. Feel sorry for her. Take care and stay safe! xx

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh this card is artsy and so striking Viv ... loving that sun and your co-ordinating little bird x. The splats sure do look like the blossom gently blowing in the wind. Sorry to hear about your M-I-L not even getting a letter yet for the vaccines x.

Diane said...

What a beautiful design Viv.

Hugs Diane

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Very artistic and I love the pink splatters x

Sally H said...

that's beautiful! I think you have captured the blossom perfectly

Pat said...

So bright and beautiful Viv with the big bold sun and the pretty splatters of pink as blossom, and then the sweet little yellow bird. x