Saturday 23 January 2021

Got to be China!

Cold and snowy here still, perfect for staying warm indoors and playing with paper and ink!

My Mum would never drink tea out of anything other than a china cup and saucer - once I left behind the station canteens where there were big thick (invariably cracked) mugs (talking about drinking vessels not my fellow officers...😄), I of course adopted another of Mum's traits and demanded china for my cups of tea.
(She WAS right - it does taste better!)

So this stamp reminded me very much of my lovely Mum - it was always time for tea!

The stamp is from Crafty Individuals (CI 547 - Time for Tea).
Stamped then onto watercolour card and spent a lovely time painting. (Finding watercolouring very restful and an escape from the world around us at the moment.)

I ink blended the background using Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar and Twisted Citron and although it doesn't show up very well in the photo, did some second generation stamping with a script stamp and a small trio of teacups which were free in a mag some time ago.
The sign is from the same free set.

I've yet to decide if I am going to add a sentiment but have left space at the bottom just in case!
Have some more images stamped so am planning on spending my weekend colouring in the warm craftie space.
Thanks for looking today - stay safe and warm wherever you are in the world. x

23 comments:

Aquarius said...

My immediate thought on seeing your image was that it was from Crafty Individuals and you've done a brilliant job in water colouring the image. Just right for delicate bone china cups. Blue skies and sunshine here but very chilly as well with frost still hanging about in the shadier corners. Indoors in the warm is definitely the best place to be.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv, great colours.. and I'm with you nothing better than drinking out of a China cup the tea tastes so much nicer...

Anne

Bonnie said...

Your water coloring is brilliant.

Carole said...

Always time for a cuppa...wish we could all have one big tea party! I have to say I like a china mug too! This is an unusual stamp Viv and you have done some great water colouring on it...so cheers and stay warm ad safe. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and stamp-great watercolouring too.White over with frost and -4 here today bitter but could be a lot worse looking at the flooding!
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful water colouring xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful card Viv, I love the colours.
Katrina x

Kathleen said...

A really great stamp and super bright and beautiful colours.

Kath x

Diane said...

Wonderful water coloring and what a pretty design.

Hugs Diane

Mac Mable said...

What great memories for you Viv x. Your card is beautiful and feminine with a fabulous stamped image x. What pretty and wonderful water colouring and great you find it relaxing x. I love the way you have done your background too and I think your card is beautiful and perfect without a sentiment x.

Bunny said...

This is a beautiful card. Your mama was right about the china. I'm a tea drinker and if I go to someone's house that doesn't have china you really can tell the difference. It's funny you can actually hear the difference if you stir something in a china cup. [Bunny]

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv and the colours are so pretty and feminine, I must agree, definitely tastes better in a china cup!
Enjoy your weekend, Avril xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Like your Mum, my Mum hated tea in anything but a china cup. I have to agree it does taste better. Such a beautiful card and stamp Viv.

Sue xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous card and beautifully coloured. I have to agree with your Mum, tea definitely tastes better out of a China mug......not enough in a cup for me ;) x

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty stamp and so beautifully colored! I love the ink blended background with it, too. Watercolor is a most relaxing escape, and lovey when you produce results like this.

Sally H said...

Love this one Viv! Almost as much as I love tea. Gorgeous watercolouring! I lol-ed at the big thick cracked mugs.

TK said...

Pretty card and tea cups, and it does bring to memory the sweet scents and relaxing times - oh to be there again!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Viv! LOVE that gorgeous image with the china tea cups. Wonderful colouring of your image and fabulous subtle stamping in the background. Gorgeous colours! Hope you enjoyed your weekend staying cozy and warm and colouring ... sounds perfect! :) xx

Ros Crawford said...

It's so lovely and I can tell you enjoyed doing this. It's cold and icy here... not much snow but I don't like the ice...

Irish Cherokee said...

Very nice. Love the colors and the way you blended them. Lady Grey is my favorite tea. Unfortunately, we have no china to use so glass has to do.

Hugs and Blessings,
Stay safe,
Jim

Babs said...

I love drinking tea from a china mug too it tastes so much nicer some how, just have to watch you don’t burn your lips.. Love the tea cups image and what fab colours you have used it looks fabulous..love it
Babs x

Sarn said...

What a lovely watercoloured creation. Glad that making it calmed you in these uncertain times.
Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Pat said...

I love these cups so prettily coloured Viv and the background with that bit of script and more stacked cups goes beautifully. x