Wednesday 22 May 2019

Inspired at last!

My visits to blogland have been a little bit sporadic of late. And if I haven't visited you in a while I promise to get round to you as soon as I can. (Explanation of absence at the bottom of this post)
I have needed some time to simply relax and managed to grab a couple of hours in the craftie space.
(My side of the room is scheduled for an overhaul very soon as I simply have too much stuff on tops of bookcases and desks so a little redesign coming up - I hope!)

I used my fave textured card for this make, masking off a panel and inking with Shabby Shutters DI before overstamping the grasses with Mowed Lawn.

The tulips were stamped, clear embossed, coloured and the heads and leaves fussy cut - (that was a fiddly job! They're really small!!) - before popping them up on tiny foam pads.

A snippet of white card used to make the frame and a die cut butterfly to tie it all in together.

Sharing my make at -
Paper Players - CAS + Plants
ATSM - Make Your Mark

So I said I would explain my absence -
My mother in law has fractured two bones in her back - simply by making her bed would you believe?
It took two emergency phone calls as the pain was so intense and she was unable to move, followed by 2 stays in hospital before they finally decided that instead of simply giving her painkillers and sending her home saying it was a pulled muscle that there may be something more serious causing the pain.  An X ray revealed 2 fractures.
So now she is in a full body brace for the next 5 months.
She is currently in an Intermediate Care Facility and is coming home to her flat on Saturday, having passed some small mobility tests today. She lives on her own and has always been active and independent so being confined indoors until she gets a bit more able to do more things for herself is not going to be well received I think!
She lives an hour away too so there has been much travelling of late and this looks likely to continue for a short while at least.
Thanks for visiting today - promise to get round to you as soon as I can. x

19 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Hope your mother in law is better soon

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about your Mother In Law Viv. Also sorry to hear that it took so long to diagnose x
Your card today is fabulous and I adore the design of it. Great fussy cutting and love how the leaves peep over the pretty oval die cut aperture. Such a beautiful card x
Hope you get your side of the room overhauled soon x

Meggymay said...

It is a wonderful design, I love this beautiful card Viv.
I was sorry to read that you MIL has had an accident in her home, but so pleased they found out why she was in pain and that they are able to treat her. Its a good job you live quite close.
I hope you got your plants safely home, its a tempting time of the year to visit a garden center.
Yvonne xx

Ann Schach said...

I hope your mother-in-law is on the mend. I also broke my back during bed mishap, I was flipping the mattress by myself. I ended up with surgery. SO...my thoughts are with her. Your card is absolutely stunning. I LOVE the leaves peeking out from the frame. It's so creative. The butterfly is a perfect accent. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv and I love your design,,,sorry to hear about MIL Viv hope she’s better soon

Anne

papierelle said...

Beautiful spring card with a special eyecatcher.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely gorgeous stamp and card, love your sweet design and lovely colours too.xx

Carole said...

This card is stunning Viv...there really is no stopping you! Love your design and your patience with that cutting out. So sorry to hear about your MIL, glad they got to the bottom of things and do hope she makes a good recovery. xx

Bunny said...

Prayers for you mama in law and the whole family. I sure wish they would have diagnosed it a lot quicker. Whe you're active and go down for so many months it will definitely be trying. I know she'll appreciate visits. I pray that she'll be better sooner rather than later. 

[Bunny]

Mrs A. said...

Love this cards , such a novel way to show off the tulips. The fussy cutting was certainly well worth it. Goodness what an awful thing to have happen. 5 months just for making the bed. Hope your Mil gets home and can get mobile ASAP. Don't offer to make the bed for her yourself!! Hugs Mrs A.

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card...love the layout!
:) Karen

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a gorgeous creation! Love the layout, so simple and fun. Prayers to you mother-in-law, hope she gets better soon.
Thank you for sharing your card at ATSM!

Loll said...

I'm been missing in action lately, but saw your newest post with entry into CMU and it talked about your MIL so I scrolled down to see what's happening. Sorry to hear about her fractures. The pain must be excruiciating! Hope all goes well for her recovery. She is going to need help when she gets home.

Your card is AMAZING! You are so talented, my friend. Totally inspired by this card! xx

Bonnie said...

This card is lovely, Viv! The little garden scene is so sweet and I love how you've made the frame for the tulips! Sending prayers for a complete recovery for your MIL!

Pat said...

As you will have seen Viv I am catching up as I was busy earlier on and have then been away, but I had wondered if there was a problem. So sorry to hear your MIL has been in the wars, and it is frightening to think you can fracture two bones in your back just making the bed. Sounds like this will be a lengthy recovery too unfortunately.

I love this card with the pretty tulips and a lovely design with the aperture and butterfly and the grass extending to either side, and so pretty with the fussy cut leaves hanging out over the sides. x

Darnell said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor MIL, Viv. It sounds terribly painful and it can't be easy wearing a brace for five months. You're a good DIL! And your card is divine! I love the inside/outside way you tucked in your sediment panel and added the sweet butterfly! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Love love love your pretty card. Well worth the fussy cutting.

So sorry to hear about your MIL . . . what a nightmare for her. Cannot BELIEVE she was not x-rayed immediately, but was sent home with painkillers! Ho hum.

It's gonna be a long 5 months for all concerned I expect!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card -love the design and the stamps.Sorry to hear about your MIL and fractures are more painful than breaks and just from making the bed---you see housework is dangerous!!!Hope she feels better and painfree soon
Carol x

Jules said...

Hi Viv

What a stunner of a card .... I love it!!

Sorry to read about your MIL. I hope that she makes a good recovery. Can't believe she needed two admissions to get to the bottom of it. Poor lady.

Love Jules xx